Need Some New Mexico Routing Advice

Discussion in 'Swift' started by HousTank, Aug 23, 2015.

1. HousTank

HousTank Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Yes, that's what I'm doing. When I first asked yesterday I had thought they'd have me fill up before I picked up because I was under a quarter tank when I dropped my previous load this morning...but they didn't.

They wanted me to go down to Nephi, pick up the load, then drive back north 40 miles to get a few gallons in Spanish Fork and then take US-6 down to I-70 and fill in Grand Junction CO and then take US-50 across Monarch Pass and a bunch of other BS back roads into TX from there. All that back tracking wasn't included in the paid miles and I'm not gonna waste the time dealing with US-50 and crawling up Monarch..screw that.

I got the little bit of fuel they allowed on the way down to Nephi then I'm going to continue south and cut across to 70 east then go down through MOAB. I have enough fuel to reach Gallup for a fuel reop and fill for the rest of the trip to Houston.

Being a Company Beech, there are only a few places we can fuel. Have to make sure I can reach one to reop. I have enough for Gallup but not enough to reach Albuquerque.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Skybolt811

Skybolt811 Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2015
    I always take 550

HousTank Thanks this.
  4. MM3Deg

MM3Deg Medium Load Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    yes. The fuel stop is computer generated with the trip plan. You do not have to follow the trip plan or your QUALCOMM nav. If you know a better more comfortable route for you to drive, you are free to do it.

However because everything is computer generated, you will need to call your DM as you approach the fuel stop you want.. they can them ping the system to generate the updated fuel stop for your current route, also the fuel auth is good for 24 hours.

5. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    550 is the only way to fly down there

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.