Need tanker help

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Thefallenone, May 25, 2016.

1. Thefallenone

Thefallenone Bobtail Member

May 25, 2016
    Hello all.

Here is my dilemma, I currently work for Schneider Bulk. I have a total of 2 years tractor trailer experience with 6 months of that being tank hazmat (Schneider).

Right now with 6months in with Schneider I've only made 14.4k gross pay. To me this is absolutely unacceptable for an OTR guy. My current pay is 0.455cpm, so you can get an idea of how they're running me... and I barely seem to leave the Northeast. 300mi here 600mi there. I can't support my family or justify my time away for this.

With my current experience, what other companies can I reasonably look into? I live in southern Louisiana.

Thank you all in advance

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Trimac Transportation is good. Once you qualify for their "Elite Fleet" you can make $100K.
    McKenzie Tank Lines - Saint Gabriel, Louisiana
    Groendyke Transport
    SVTN - Saint Gabriel, Louisiana
    Superior-Carriers
    Tidewater Transit
    A&R Logistics - Baton Rouge

All these companies do lots of work in Louisiana and probably have terminals there. Don't really need a terminal near you anyway, because they all stay busy running I-10.

Rodeorowdy, Thefallenone and ethos Thank this.
  4. Thefallenone

May 25, 2016
    You're awesome, thank you for the quick reply.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    We (Trimac) have a terminal in Geismer. Actually, it seems almost everyone has a terminal down there. I say drop apps off with all of them. You should be able to switch in a week or so.

Thefallenone and Chinatown Thank this.
  6. Thefallenone

May 25, 2016
    Is the switch worth it? I'm really looking at Trimac or Groendyke.

7. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    I switched from Schneider to Trimac. Got on the Elite Team and my paychecks have been substantially better.

Thefallenone Thanks this.
  8. TankerYanker965

TankerYanker965 Bobtail Member

May 3, 2014
    Albemarle, NC
    I'm with Superior....like everyone else, we have a terminal there. I can tell you I'm very pleased with the company (three yrs now) and my paychecks are good.

9. Thefallenone

May 25, 2016
    I looked into Trimac, they currently aren't hiring in my area but said they would be soon in the Lake Charles area.

I looked into Superior today too, I like what they have to offer but a major turn off was how little information the recruiter actually knew. I didn't get a good vibe from her. Maybe she was new, not sure. How is the equipment? Also, what was training like?

I did put in an app with Groendyke today but the lady told me I could be bumped out for consideration if someone with more experience applies. I can understand that though, she told me I had just enough experience to even warrant putting in an app.

I also spoke with the two recruiters at Heniff. I got a great feeling off those two guys.

I really need a good tanker (that's the only thing I want to haul) company to ride while I gain experience. Schneider is close to bankrupting me. 1032mi in 5 days. The highest miles I have run to date with them is 3k in 6 days and I only got that because they were getting me home for my days off. If not for that I would have sat in the NE doing regional runs.

10. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    For Superior call the terminal manager directly. That's who you will be working for and they will know more than some girl in Oak Brook Il with a bunch of other stuff to do.

11. Thefallenone

May 25, 2016
    Thank you, I will do just that in the morning. Also, this has been a concern of mine. Does Superior have APUs or TriPaks or anything really to keep the driver comfortable during our 10hr?

Schneider flat out doesn't care how hot it gets, no idling.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.