1. michaelbunt

michaelbunt Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Ragland, Al
    I just bought a real sharp newer tractor, I've been an o/o for 4 years and I was running an old century class before, now I have a custom painted chromed out nice truck I want to add some neon lights, I know red or blue isn't a good idea, but I was thinking of led under the sleeper and in the front wheel wells, I currently have some red and purple in the cab that are very dim but it's kinda cool driving at night with them on, I have a low rider seat, and I am just looking for advice, I've seen other nice trucks with under glow neon going down the roads at night, I want to do this tastefully, any ideas???

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    If you really want to impress the lot lizards get a Sarah Palin blow up doll to roll with you in the passenger seat :biggrin_25525:

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  4. michaelbunt

Apr 25, 2013
    Ragland, Al

I am happily married and have no interest in lot lizards lol, but I really don't want to impress anyone, I just do it becuase I enjoy it, I always wanted a nice truck from when I was a kid so it's nice to make a living in something that looks cool

freightwipper Thanks this.
  5. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Then why bother asking? Just add whatever YOU think will make that kid in you happy.

6. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    lol yeah I was just being stupid.
    It's cool to reach a point to be able to do what you wanted to as a kid.
    I always thought extra truck lights looked cool and seen some sexy trucks.
    This thread reminded me of that decked out Kenworth at the Iowa 80 truck stop

[​IMG]

Never really been my taste though.. mainly because I don't want to catch the attention of more DOT and cops lol no thanks.

michaelbunt Thanks this.
  7. michaelbunt

Apr 25, 2013
    Ragland, Al
    Well I keep my tractor well maintained, I am super super serious about Maintenence, I have a 60x40 shop and I do most work myself, and I know having some extra lights will draw attention for revenue hounds, but I don't want something tacky looking rolling down the road, I.e what kind of consensus can I get to among a group of people, I don't want very bright lights, dim led under sleeper and front wheel well, what color would be good??? My truck is red and silver, I know red and blue is out of the question from what I've researched, what about a dim purple? If it wasn't for laws I would do a very dim red underglow, what color would possibly look good???

truckon Thanks this.
  8. michaelbunt

Apr 25, 2013
    Ragland, Al
    Yeah I salivate over that truck everytime I'm there..

9. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Years ago I had a friend that did that. Wheel wells, lights on the cross members underneath. I'm not in to that, but it does look cool. A word of caution. Red and blue is not only a bad idea, it's against the law. (at least in Wis.) You can't have an "official" color ( red or blue) on your vehicle. I know, because, same friend had blue lights on the back of the sleeper, got stopped and a trooper made him take them out.

michaelbunt Thanks this.
  10. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    michaelbunt Thanks this.
  11. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    michaelbunt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.