Never try volvo dealer in houston

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by charlie747, May 29, 2015.

1. charlie747

charlie747 Bobtail Member

May 24, 2015
    I take take my truck to check on transmission issues and they #### my engine telling me now a have a to replace all the injectors $ 9,986
    My truck no have any problems before I drop there, now my a have a surging problems and the run like crap,I can't work like that
    They say nothing was changed , really?
    there's no way from the shop to front gate my truck is totaly ####.
    Please never go there
    Totally #### my life

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    Huh?????????

charlie747 Thanks this.
  4. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    $10000 for injectors?!?!?!?!?!?! Are they made of titanium or something? Thats 3x what injector should cost. I think that you need a 2nd opinion. Do you have a shop that you trust that you can call? Do you have a paper trail...like a printed estimate? I'm betting someone changed your ecm parameters and took an injector or 2 offline. Should be fairly easy for another shop to prove. If I caught a shop trying to yank me, I would be out to sink their business.

charlie747 Thanks this.
  5. OldHasBeen

OldHasBeen Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Sorry that's happened.

That’s what some shops do, they go deep into your pocket book.
    A friend carried his truck to a shop, his air conditioner was not working. They told him it would cost a bit over $600.00 to repair it. He did not accept it and left. He was telling me about it. We went to his truck and he raised his hood and I looked it over. The problem was the wire running to the Air Conditioner Compressor was broken into. I peeled off some insulation from both ended, twisted them together, applied some electric tape, and his A/C worked perfectly. He offered me a $100.00 bill, but I refused, I did let him buy me a cup of coffee though.

You need to go to a trusted shop that a good friend has said that they are A-OK.

double yellow, flood and charlie747 Thank this.
  6. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Yeah shops are like brokers very difficult to find any that are trustworthy. I've said it before and it's worth saying again... if I ever had catastrophic failure i'd rather have mine hooked clear across the country to home and the only shop I trust than to take a chance on any probable criminal gangster shops out here. Because sadly that's what most of them are. Never, never, never use any shops otr for any mechanical issue that can be limped home. Even around home there is hardly a shop that can be trusted. That's just part of trucking everyone is always out to steal from drivers.

7. charlie747

charlie747 Bobtail Member

May 24, 2015
    I'm totally believe in that, they keep saying nothing was changed before this i can idle at 1000 rpm now I can't, only 700 rpm
    Something was change
    Thank you for your support !!

8. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    All they have to do is plug into the ECM and hit a few clicks, and they can take each injector offline one at a time. All it takes is 1 injector not firing, and suddenly, you have a really crappy running engine.

I don't know what transmission youre running in your truck, but I worked for a company that put me in a Columbia with a 430 Detroit and a 9 speed Top 2 transmission (it actually has 10 foward gears, but think of it as an 8 speed with a granny and an overdrive for the top gear... the top gear shifts automatically). Well, the beancounters decided to cut their company trucks back from 68 mph to 64. The routed me into their shop and the shop not only cut the speed back, but they cut the power back from 430HP to 350 HP. You cant jack around with the engine parameters more than 10% without some sort of reprocussion, usually the case is the fuel economy goes to poop instantly, by 2mpg or better. In my case, because of that 9 speed top 2, it lost 8th gear. Fuel economy dropped 3 mpg instantly, and every time I tried to cross the Rockies, I had to get towed back to Denver. That was 4 times they had to tow me. The engine blew at 119000 miles.

Point is, alot of damage can be done with just a stroke of the keyboard. Call Volvo (another Volvo) and get a price on a set of injectors. Call another Volvo, get their service writer on the phone and ask him to give you a quote on the labor for installing injectors. Labor only. They book these jobs at a flat rate and so he should be able to give you a flatrate price. LABOR ONLY.

There are several things you need to know by heart as an owner operator.
    1. The last 6 of your VIN number
    2. The first 3 of your engine serial number
    3. your transmission model number (that info should be on the driver's side door jam, along with your gear ratio

Also, be sure to file all your repairs and maintenance records. The more you know about your rig, the less they can clean out your bank account. Any drivers that are company drivers thinking of becoming an owner op, learn everything you can about your company truck. Why? Because that shop thats putting the screws to your company is hurting you too with the downtime. Even though it's not your truck, it's still connected to your wallet.

mnmover, TruckDuo and charlie747 Thank this.
  9. reefer101

reefer101 Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2014
    welcome to Volvo world... all that nice quet ride comes with a price

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.