New Agent

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by eae, Aug 25, 2015.

1. eae

eae Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2015
    is it possible for a new broker agent to make a decent living with Landstar?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    As with anything there that will be dependent on you not them. For someone with a book of business and experience it should be a relative breeze to make it there. If not, well you just have to start out from nothing and learn. All on you. Who can really say?

eae Thanks this.
  4. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!

You cant be an agent if your license has been suspended in the past 3 years....

eae Thanks this.
  5. eae

eae Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2015
    LOL

truckon Thanks this.
  6. NewTransp

NewTransp Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2015
    Hi, I am just jumping onto this thread. Do you need a license to be agent?

7. eae

eae Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2015
    No he was being sarcastic.

8. NewTransp

NewTransp Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2015
    Interesting that you posted this. I am new to this industry and looking at agent jobs. I did find Landstar as well and curious if anyone else works for them or has, that can shoot some pointers. When I called Landstar, they made it sound like they help you search for loads. Is there really a way for someone to show me how to find loads? I have background in sales, marketing and customer service.

9. NewTransp

NewTransp Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2015
    Oh..LOL on the license. See, I don't know much. When I call some places, they keep telling me, if you don't have your own books, we can't help you. Well, golly molly, I know I have to work and willing to do so, but where is a gal to start. It's seems very close ended, I have been searching for weeks, then I found this site. I am okay with starting at the bottom up, phones, dispatch,etc. No jobs in my area.

10. eae

eae Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2015
    some agencies will allow you will allow you to work from home, most companies want a book of business. search indeed for dispatch, and broker agent companies call and see if theyll allow you to work outta your home. whatever you do dont take a expensive broker course try to find a small brokerage that will train.

11. NewTransp

NewTransp Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2015
    Thanks, I did the indeed thing, came up with a smaller place, left them a message. I am fully set up, ready to rock n roll. I have everything, super internet savvy, just need some guidance. I will keep searching indeed as well. I know it will take hard work, but I will search indeed in all states.....to expand my area.....Thanks!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.