New Camera System Coming to all company trucks.

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Switches, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Tolan

Tolan Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Detroit, MI
    you do a pre trip? J/k. The videos are always good for a laugh. Also like watching when i am tired cause the amount of bs in them makes me mad.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Pre-trips?
    I don't need no stinkin' pre-trips.
    I can tell if everything is OK just by the sound and feel of the engine when I start it up.

Yup, even tire pressures and lights. There will be this odd little sound, different for each, that the engine makes if something is amiss.
    I am just SO in tune with my truck...

4. SouthernLady

SouthernLady Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Good for you Dan. My husband quit at the end of April. Drove the truck back to the terminal and turned in the keys. No notice. They threatened to destroy his future employment. Didn't work. Had many offers. He works locally now, without a camera, is home every night, and makes more than Swift with weekends off. Thanks Swift! You did us a favor. I don't have to ride in a truck anymore! I get to stay home! This BS about hanging around for a year is not true. My hubby worked at Swift for 7 months. We don't miss it!

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  5. georgeandson

georgeandson Heavy Load Member

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.
    AMEN!
    You have seen the light!!!
    These large companies just try and bully you into thinking they can control you even after you leave.
    Its a joke. ALl they can say by law when someone calls for work refernce is dates you started and dates you finished and if you are rehirable or not. Its against the law for them to say why you were fired or if you quiet etc. NO details are allowed to be disclosed.

This is why all past work verification is done thru FAX.
    You sign a release that says they can ask if you failed a UA and the dates you worked with the equipment you operated and miles you worked.
    THATS IT!
    Don't let them try and scare you into not leaving. WHat they are doing is modern day slavery!!!!
    Stand up for yourself!

SouthernLady Thanks this.
  6. SouthernLady

Apr 21, 2015
    Amen brother! We are happy now. We believed all this BS about getting your year in. My hubby got his CDL at C.R. England and left that day. He went to work for Swift. Like I said for 7 months. He works for a small company in my hometown. He works his 5 day week, has weekends off, and makes double or triple the money he made at Swift. I was a rider, and I am thrilled to stay home. Since he is also a computer expert, we knew these drivecams weren't going to work out.

They will try to strand you. People say they won't but we know differently. That's why he drove their truck back to the terminal where our car was! I am not here to bash Swift, because I frankly thank the driver leader, and terminal manager for being hateful. We didn't care anymore. You can see that post around page 28 or so. They were horrible, but we won at the end of the day! Plus a $2k sign on bonus with new company! Try that at Swift!

7. Clyde07

Clyde07 Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2013
    I understand you were frustrated with Swift and believe me I'm no fan. However, it's not Swift that preaches the importance of that "one year" ideal. It's much more important than you may believe. The second, third, and so on is even more valuable. It's true, as you know, that year is not required to find another job. There's plenty of jobs out there. But the longer you stay somewhere, the more marketable you are to an upper-tier employer. I certainly hope your husband has found a home and you both will be happy for a long time. But, should something happen in the coming months (God forbid), he will have had 3 jobs in a year. That causes a lot of questions with a prospective employer and will all but eliminate him from the better companies, at least for a period of time. Just food for thought. Congrats on the good, high paying local gig and best to you both.

SouthernLady and truckon Thank this.
  8. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Yup. "Stability" is important when you are looking for work. Employers don't like investing money recruiting and training a person only to have them quit before the employer has seen a positive ROI. If you have a habit of jumping ship after 2-3 months, you're only going to be looked at by companies that expect to lose a new hire after a couple months...in other words, NOT the kind of company with many long-term employees. In order to be taken seriously by a company looking for a long-term employee, you've got to demonstrate an ability to stick with a job for a while.

JOHNQPUBLIC, SouthernLady and truckon Thank this.
  9. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    And I can say that when a prospective employer sees that you actually stayed with Swift for at least 1 year or a little more, then they know that you can put up with lots of BS.

DocWatson and SouthernLady Thank this.
  10. SouthernLady

Apr 21, 2015
    Lol Isn't that the truth. It was hard enough putting up with them for 7 months!

11. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    Try 1.5 years at .25 cpm.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.