New driver info...

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by dmack, Apr 7, 2015.

1. dmack

dmack Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2014
    I start orientation on 4/20 and I was wondering can I request a hotel room to be by yourself?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drozzer69

drozzer69 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Spring, TX
    If you live more than 50 miles from the Dc you going to run out of for orientation, they will put you in a hotel for the week. Also you would possibly share the room if their is a big enough class. Less than that, they won't. If you would like to get one on your own accord, you can but you would have to pay.

noninetofive Thanks this.
  4. UTurn1

UTurn1 Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Where are you doing orientation?

5. Dr_Fandango44

Dr_Fandango44 Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Heck yes, especially if the other guy snores like a freight train.
    You may have to pony up the xtra $$ but who cares.
    Then at least you get a good nights sleep and you can focus on the task at hand.
    Good luck

6. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Don't see why not, go for it. Just be sure that you have extra funds to pay for the room. Soon enough you will be sharing the truck with a trainer for about X number of weeks, (10 days to 10 weeks plus, depending upon the company).

Good luck to you!

God bless you and your family! God bless the U.S.A.!

7. teversole1

teversole1 Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2012
    London, KY
    I did my road test, drug test, and physical on 3/23, and submitted my background check on 3/25. I haven't heard anything back from Walmart since. I do know they have contacted my employer. Is this normal to wait longer than two weeks to hear back? Thanks in advance!

8. NCdriver

NCdriver Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Creedmoor, NC
    Nope not at all. As long as you told them the truth you should be good to go.

9. noninetofive

noninetofive Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Hiram Ga
    I did those in August of the year I started and didn't hear from Walmart until the beginning of October. The criminal background check is what takes so long. The should've given you a number to the Walmart vetting department along with a number to the company who's actuall doing the check. I was told 21 days (business days) was the norm. Call the vetting dept and they may be able to give you some info.

Micah Grissaffi and rebelkidd Thank this.
  10. teversole1

teversole1 Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2012
    London, KY
    The vetting department went out of office today at 4:30 central time. I will call them tomorrow. I don't have anything at all in my background and I've never been in trouble a day in my life, so I was just curious. When I started at Schneider years ago, it seems like they got my background check back a lot sooner, but I'm sure Walmart is different. Thanks again!

11. TomOfTx

TomOfTx Road Train Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    If you know your background is clean, then just be patient and you will hear back from Walmart soon. They may also be waiting on the results from other drivers who will be in the same orientation class as you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.