New drivers BE AWARE

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Giovany, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Giovany

Giovany Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2016
    Virginia
    If you are a new cdl student like me DO NOT CONSIDER PTL!!! I just got my cdl a drivers license and I had the option of all companies that I applied for. Not finding any helpful reviews I chose PTL . Biggest mistake ever!!! You go for orientation that is 2 1/2 days and the training is 2 weeks step 1 and 6 weeks step 2 NOOOO training is 5000 miles step 1 and 45000 miles step 2 payed 0.17 cents/ mile from which 0.02 cents are the so called tuition money !!! If you think it's not for you, you just visited Kentucky on your own expense because they force you to quit!!!!

TopGun'69 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    PTL must be on a recruiting surge. They've been blowing up my phone out of the blue this month.

TopGun'69 and CrappieJunkie Thank this.
  4. Giovany

Giovany Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2016
    Virginia
    don't go there man!!! I'm on my way home already and I regret waisting my time and money

TopGun'69 Thanks this.
  5. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    PTL horror stories are nothing new here as there at least three other threads in this section alone, mostly about the orientation, pay and equipment issues. Lately there's been at least one a week.

TopGun'69 and Giovany Thank this.
  6. Giovany

Giovany Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2016
    Virginia
    The Funny thing is that I applied to many companies and they all called me back and the guy from the school told me to go this way

TopGun'69 Thanks this.
  7. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Sounds like they're getting desperate, and for good reason. The way they've been treating their drivers is making candidates avoid them like the plague.

8. Giovany

Giovany Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2016
    Virginia
    By the way when I asked for my money they said that they payed for my drug test and my hotel and my food so I should take my car and leave their property so they don't call the cops

TopGun'69 Thanks this.
  9. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    Yeah PTL is one of the bottom feeders of the industry. Being new to the trucking industry doesn't necessarily mean that you must compromise your standard of trucking company. You can be a rookie and still find a pretty decent company to work for. That's what this forum is all about. Good luck with your new career.

10. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    So did they fire you or did you fire them? Sounds like you made a scene if they threatened to call the cops. If you caused a scene that is awesome.

TopGun'69 and Florida Playboy Thank this.
  11. Giovany

Giovany Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2016
    Virginia
    I didn't but I wanted to believe me! But my wife got mad and called the company becouse they didn't want to give me the money that's why they got mad because there were phone calls

TopGun'69 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.