New drivers BE AWARE

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Giovany, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Hoofbeats

Hoofbeats Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Iraq
    I went to school 20 years ago. Back then C R England had the best equipment. The school I went to didn't allow England recruiters because of the low pay. They knew their students would fall hook, line, and sinker for the new trucks.

Most of my class went with Harold Ives or Arrow, neither which are still in business.

Giovany Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I figured he lives somewhere East of the Mississippi River since PTL hired him.

4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Harold Ives had a pretty good reputation back then. Don't know if it was a deserved reputation or not.

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Dont believe anyone except a driver for that company you're interested in.Also that school you attended PTL is paying them to recruit so they re going to glamour up PTL as much as they can.You'll more then likely go thru many companies like PTL and maybe even worse.Do your homework on companies you're interested in.Ones with many bad reviews is no good.Also very little training that right there is a red flag.Take your time and do it right,i homework,look at the training,the pay their safety record talk to other drivers that work at that company Go to YouTube and see what kind of videos that company has and do not listen to the CEO or some bigwheel they re going to lie same with recruiters.

Giovany and SidewaysBentHalo Thank this.
  6. Hoofbeats

Hoofbeats Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Iraq
    The best places to look are job sites that the megas aren't allowed to advertise on.

Sometimes I'll cruise Craigslist. I'll go down deleting all of the mega ads and the ads that won't state the company. That'll knock out 75% if them. Later when I have time, I'll go back and investigate the remaining companies.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    Reason for edit: I don't know who Graig is or anything about his list.
    Giovany Thanks this.
  7. Giovany

Giovany Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2016
    Virginia
    My first choice was
    I'm in Virginia my first choice was us express but before I even left home they sent me a paper to sign and it was pretty fishy so I went the other way

8. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Good for you. Check these that hire new cdl grads:
    Freymiller
    Tyson Foods
    Abilene Motor Express
    Magnum ltd.
    Old Dominion - line haul division

If a website has "experience required" then ignore that because the website hasn't been updated. All these hire new cdl grads fresh out of school.

Giovany Thanks this.
  10. Giovany

Giovany Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Thanks I'll do that

11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Tyson Foods website can be hard to navigate the first time. Click on "careers" to get to the OTR trucking page.

Giovany Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.