new england end dump O/O?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Dumptrailer, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Dumptrailer

Dumptrailer Bobtail Member

May 10, 2015
    So, anyone here running a dump trailer with their own authority interstate in new england(mass, ny, ri, nh)? trying to figure out how to get loads once i get a truck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Loadboards, like everyone else

Dumptrailer Thanks this.
  4. Dumptrailer

May 10, 2015
    Thanks but looking for input from guys doing it in the specified area.

5. realdesertkickin

realdesertkickin Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Tustoned Arizona
    Yikes, well, you almost got the order right...I would have a clue about work first, then get truck...but, thats just me, lol

Its not that easy!! You gotta do it on foot, find the companies that use o/o's is key..It may only be one days work, it may be a years work, ya never know...you gotta fully tie in to your area so you can keep er runnin all year long..My enddumper knowledge says you should expect to be hussling quite often for work..Take notes on who's doing what..When you find a place that uses o/o's, be sure to bring Ethel donuts at the front desk, it helps...Ive found administration to be corrupt and prejudice at times, and I achived it with a 14 hour slow cook potroast, bagels, etc etc...A lot of times your end dump work wlll be because someone needs more help than they have..My pals in NH are doin it...One runs for Granite, one runs for a gravel pit, both happy, both trucks paid for, both charging around 90 an hour..

If you hang out at the hot mix plant, sand and gravel pit, do some recon...you'll find the work

77fib77 and Dumptrailer Thank this.
  6. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    BigCam9670 and Dumptrailer Thank this.
  7. Dumptrailer

May 10, 2015
    Thanks for the info. That is what I meant by finding the work first THEN the truck.

8. realdesertkickin

realdesertkickin Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Tustoned Arizona
    Haha, got ya, sorry, at home, had a few beverages...need to pay attention

The company I work for hires O/O end dumps alot, always see em collectin thier moneys at the end of everyday...This company has asphalt/paving division..They call O/O's that have come by and left cards for ashpalt hauls..If the job was completed, your card stays in the stack...If you were late, didnt respond, or broke down, they throw the card away...kind of chilly
    I dont personally know any of these guys, but they got some nice dam trucks, crazy headlights, train horns, sirens, strobe lights everywhere...you know, the crap you buy when you have extra money...

Im jealous, i want be where your at....soon, soon

Heck, you can always unhook too and pull any dam trailer..Nice to have options!!

Im gonna start cheap
    [​IMG]

9. Dumptrailer

May 10, 2015
    Yea I hear lots of nice rigs around here in mass/ct. That one major benefit I see running a trailer over triaxle I can always pull something else.

10. BigCam9670

BigCam9670 Medium Load Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Hudson, NY
    You looking to do OTR/Regional type of work? Or local/construction? What kind of trailer do you have?

11. Dumptrailer

May 10, 2015
    I don't have any equipment yet but plan on a flattop Pete and a 34/35' aluminum framed triaxle trailer and would like to do regional/local hauling. Like home every night or an overnight once in a while or construction whatever's there. My father in law is running a beautiful 379 triaxle in mass and ct right now getting his loads from SRS and they do contaminated soil all around New England. I'd like to get away from local city stuff where you do 10-15 loads back and forth all day. Just want to see what companies have steady work like like SRS.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.