new guy here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Shock Therapy, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Shock Therapy

Shock Therapy Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2016
    n.cntrl il
    hey, been checkin out this site for some time and signed up a while back so I guess its time to be a lil more social which isn't exactly in my wheel house but I really do enjoy this site. ok, first off nc2m stands for nothing comes to mind, as what usually happens when I'm put on the spot when thinking of a user name.
    a little about me, I've always been a truck fanatic ever since I was little which has been quite a while now, but spent a lot of time growing up around farm and construction equipment. I got my class d licenses which is now known as a cdl as we all know when I was 18 and did mostly dump work for a few years then did some flatbed and pneumatic, I got into the operating engineers when I was 25 and have been doing it for 30 years come November with very little driving except for local farmers. this past spring I was planning on retiring from the operators so I started looking for driving jobs and landed one with a local company that ran regional did a couple of weeks of training mostly because of peoplenet elogs, got my own truck drove for a month, went and checked out what my pension was gonna pay and since my kids mother was going to get a chunk and a 15% hit for early retirement I had to quit my driving job and go back operating, talk about getting the cart ahead of the horse! so hopefully in a couple of years I might be able to go back to truckin, nuff said

Chinatown and KriegHund Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KriegHund

KriegHund Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2015
    On a hill south of heaven
  4. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Welcome to the biggest truck stop there is!

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Courts are unfair to former husbands. I don't have a problem with child support, but alimony is a farce in most cases. I was reading recently where a tv star has to pay $79K per month in alimony. What's with these divorce judges.
    That guy Kirk Kerkorian paid millions over the years in child support and alimony, then finds out the child isn't even his.
    A guy I worked with was being ordered to pay alimony and child support for 3 children, then his oldest daughter, at the last minute, told the judge she has something to say. The judge let her speak and she said, none of us are his, our mom's boss where she works is our real father. So, my buddy didn't have to pay anything and just packed his suitcase and moved. His now ex-wife soon after got sick and became disabled, so the boss dumped her for a younger woman, and now the ex-wife lives in poverty.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    KriegHund and Shock Therapy Thank this.
  6. KriegHund

KriegHund Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2015
    On a hill south of heaven
    No pee bottles here. :D

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.