New here and have interior questions

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by powerstroke_23, Sep 30, 2015.

1. powerstroke_23

powerstroke_23 Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2015
    I'm new on here and need some advice on interior of a volvo. I just bought an 06 vnl with the 72" sleeper and there's no cabinets in it. For some reason someone took them out. I'd like to build my own out of wood and put in a fridge, microwave, tv, etc. All the truck is going to be used for is to pull my race trailer. I'd also like to have some type of fold up table like the condo sleepers have instead of the plain bed. Any input is appreciated

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HorseShoe

HorseShoe Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2015
    I like the paint on your avatar

4. powerstroke_23

Sep 30, 2015
    Thanks. That's the way I bought it. The trailer might be getting painted to match for next season, haven't decided yet

5. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    I did all the cabinets in my Western Star. Keep in mind, the enclosure for your shelves, draws and cabinets in a truck are supported on both sides. One being the bottom of the bunk. The truck takes a beating sometimes and can rock really bad and easy to destroy an unsupported structure.

Also, forget about magnets unless your using rare earth ones. You need something like I have pictured below. You can get them in the baby department in Wal-Mart.

Everything needs to be locked shut. Draws, fridge and cabinet doors

lock.jpg

6. powerstroke_23

Sep 30, 2015
    Do you have any pics of the cabinets you built

7. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    I just redid what was already there except in solid red oak. I used the same side panels but gutted them then built compartments that slid in and were screwed in place. I bought my fridge then made the shelve for it then build 3 draws in a box then slid in and screwed in. Same on the other side with my microwave.

Not sure why my camera makes the latch on the fridge look crooked. Weird?

cab5.jpg

cab4.jpg

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.