New IC contract. What do you think?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by sadwar, Aug 17, 2015.

1. sadwar

sadwar Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Lockport, IL
    Decided to start a thread on this, since it will be discussed a lot the next couple of days...

Roll on...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Drifter42

Drifter42 Hopper Heartache

Dec 4, 2011
    Seymour IN
    I haven't received mine yet if you can imagine that, but from what I'm hearing it's a bunch of ########! Sorry that's all I have right now.

4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    from the bits and pieces that I've been able to read a bit today and I'll finish up tonight I don't see too many changes... As far as the tolls are concerned I think Snyder will continue to still cover them especially for the Northeast and why do I think that way, it's because if they expect the rates to stay the same the way they are and expect the owner operators to pay all the tolls then they'll be stuck with no owner operators want to run the Northeast I seriously doubt they would want to put themselves in that kind of a bind.

Hegemeister Thanks this.
  5. sadwar

sadwar Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Lockport, IL
    I compared the new contract to the old and don't see that a lot changed...

The $25 for trailer moves is nice...

Lots of disclosure on how we don't get the full fuel discount that Schneider gets...

The whole $100 charge for deadheading out of an area is a bit confusing. Will need to reread that..

Schneider tidied up a lot of the ambiguous wording that was in the first contract. Probably a move to head off any legal action against them...

Roll on....

6. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Where's the information on the fuel surcharge? Don't feel like reading the whole #### contract LOL

7. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    How in the hell can they charge us 100 for leaving an area. That's a punishment for not hauling their cheap freight.

I think I'll forward the email to my Attorney.

This is no Contract it's a forced agreement.

Either agree to their terms or lose your job.

I guess they've found a way to ruin a good thing

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    scythe08, Home_on_wheels and Drifter42 Thank this.
  8. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    okay from the information that I have just received about the trailer moved and the deadheading...
    the 100 mile move as everybody is calling it... Essentially if you go home and they have you dropping your mt at a certain customer you will be paid $25 but if you choose not to drop that after you had a customer that they asked for and you come out of the house and want to pick up a load that's more than a hundred miles away they're going to require you to go back to that same customer that you dropped your empty add or another customer within a hundred miles to pick up an empty and charge you

stevep1977 Thanks this.
  9. FatDaddy

FatDaddy Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Katy, TX or Swedesboro, NJ
    Was told today that approved toll roads will be covered. I'm not sure if they changed any of the toll roads as I didn't get that list yet.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  10. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    I don't think they want ya'll to go home.

11. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    I haven't read this thing yet so I don't know what hear say is vs reality in writing.
    If somehow they can charge for you deadheading out of an area (if that's true).. I don't see how they can get away with that being we're "ICs" and we choose from our options of what we want to do,
    Sometimes it's worth deadheading a bit to a high paying load or out of a bad area.
    Sometimes if there's no loads home it's our choice if we want to deadhead a lot to go home.
    We're paying for the fuel, Schneider isn't.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.