New IC contract. What do you think?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by sadwar, Aug 17, 2015.

1. FatDaddy

FatDaddy Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Katy, TX or Swedesboro, NJ
    The no split logging rule they have is what drives me crazy. Especially when the elog does everything for you.

Bumper and RStewart Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tazman74

tazman74 Light Load Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Albert Lea, Mn

It's return it OR $40.00 charge. Unless I read it wrong.

Home_on_wheels Thanks this.
  4. Home_on_wheels

Home_on_wheels Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Cruising the USA
    Actually, at LandStar, you are assigned a trailer and you hang on to it if going home. They don't do a whole lot of D/H. No worrying about trailer pools or markets. If you do a D/H, you pick up an empty and that becomes your assigned trailer. Deadhead as far as you like, nothing said about it. It's your business. Or you have the option of having your own trailer and not doing D/Hs. I actually dropped my empty and pulled a customer owned trailer out and back and picked up my original mty not worried that someone else came in and snagged it.

redoctober83, mxpx148 and PoleCrusher Thank this.
  5. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    They can always put GPS in the trailer with the load if they require it. They can even put GPS on the trailer but to require it in the truck which is supposed to be seperate from SNI is just a control thing.

They'll tell you it's for Jill the Navigo but they don't give us the option Of nit having Navigo if we don't want it.

I will say I understand some of their reasoning but that don't mean I agree with it.

6. Home_on_wheels

Home_on_wheels Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Cruising the USA
    The gps on the truck is for e-logs, also. GPS on the trailer is the trailer tracks. That multi-million dollar expense that works when it wants to. Most of the time it doesn't.

7. Windy M Jenner

Windy M Jenner Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Everywhere you want to be
    Bottom line...if you agree to work for Schneider you agree to their BS, if not bye bye.

8. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    That's with any company, any job.

9. Drifter42

Drifter42 Hopper Heartache

Dec 4, 2011
    Seymour IN
    Like it or leave it..That's our option at this point or at any point, even if you sign.

10. sadwar

sadwar Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Lockport, IL
    Had a lengthy conversation in Green Bay today with the head of Schneider Choice ICA's in Green Bay, along with two of my ICA's.

Long story short, it's business as usual at Schneider. They just want us to communicate with our ICA's. Moving freight still comes first over box moves. Tolls are not changing. Approved list of tolls is on the o/o portal. Your ICA will determine if you are charged for anything, just like they do now.

All in all, I feel much better. If anyone wants to know more, just PM me. I really think we're going to be OK. And if they DO turn around and screw me, then I'm gone.

Roll on...

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    91B20H8, Opus, tazman74 and 6 others Thank this.
  11. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    It is not much of a negotiation when you get a new deal and are told to take it or leave. I hope it works out for you guys.

I was considering Schneider but not anymore. I have been treated like this before and didn't like it then either.

PoleCrusher and Home_on_wheels Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.