New IC contract. What do you think?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by sadwar, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt

The 35% cut you give to sni does.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. duddie

duddie Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Parts Unknown
  4. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    I suppose you could look at it that way, but the 35% is probably more for them to process your ifta, 2290, accessing their freight base, load board, trailer use, making sure you get paid. All stuff you would have to do yourself if on your own, plus provide additional ins which cost which are significant. Not too mention waiting up to 45 days to get paid from some customers, and some not at all.
    A lot of independents will let you run under their numbers, but many of them want 10%, plus you still have to do all your own paperwork, provide your own trailer, and get paid. Not saying 35% is the best deal ever, but it's not totally disgusting either for everything their taking care of and providing.

Opus and Mindsoul Thank this.
  5. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    I have talked with Redoctober83...just today in fact he will be fine...He has his head in the right place and is single and can stay out for months to make it work...wish you well.

I also have my own authority and have pulled a couple of "power" only loads in Colorado all with Schneider's blessing....yes it took a while for the blessing and my Authority is 7 years old (I owned a tour bus) my biggest issue is the insurance....Schneiders insurance only covers you while pulling there loads...and True North wont sell you insurance for your own authority...its a exclusive relationship they have with Schneider...plus god forbid something really bad happends I like the fact Schneider has your back to the tune of 10 million. Is there things I would like to see changed YES....what am I going to do as my 1 year is quickly approaching I really dont know. I am shocked that man IC'S are leaving on a daily basis....even if it half that its a huge number...

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.