New Jersey Grand Jury Indicts Trucker in Tracy Morgan Crash

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by born&raisedintheusa, Dec 23, 2015.

1. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    He killed someone and changed others' lives forever.

drvrtech77 and Air Breeze Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Air Breeze

Air Breeze Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    He won't get 10 years. He probably won't get any time to serve at all. Most likely a suspended Sentence and Probation. Serving time in Prison does not benefit anyone, it's not supposed to. It's a severe punishment for breaking the law and is designed to deter other people from breaking the law like this individual did. It's a warning to the rest of us to follow the rules of society. And by the way the Driver of the Walmart truck was Black so I don't think this Accident has anything to do with the Driver hating Black People.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    By being stupid none the less too..

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  5. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    If it went to court? Then the percentage goes higher

6. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    Probably not, but I know some blacks that don't like blacks, but he does deserve a "life sentence" for the death of another human being! The one that died, doesn't get his life back after 10 years, nether does his family get him back after 10 years, so why should he be released after 10 years!

7. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    This had nothing to do with race. Everything to do with reckless and negligent homicide.

8. Air Breeze

Jun 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    I know it wasn't related to race. I was referring to a post by "realdesertkickin".
    He seems to think it did. He also thinks the Wal-Mart driver is also being prosecuted because the victims of the accident have Wealthy friends who are using their influence to railroad this guy into a long Prison sentence. He edited some of his comments out of his original post.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  9. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

1.) Wally settled out of court. They cut large checks. The driver doesn't have a dime. No point in suing him. This is a criminal indicment.

2.) he might have a defense in that Walmart settled before he had his day in court, effectively rendering him guilty BEFORE his trial. Look if I was his attorney I'd be trying everything to get this guy off too. But he's in a world of trouble here, high publicly case, it lucky they don't give him a public lynching. (Watching Tracy Morgan at the Emmys was uncomfortable, I felt guilt by association)

3.) what I can't figure was, what was he planning? He left the Bensalem terminal with 30 minutes left on his clock, I think he was headed for Elizabeth/Newark. That's 40+ min on a good night with no traffic. There's no way he could have made it legally. Unless he was headed for one of the NJ TP's rest areas to take a 10, I have no idea why he'd leave the terminal.

10. Air Breeze

Jun 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    He probably wasn't thinking or planing ahead. He drove all the way from his home in Georgia to the Terminal he was assigned to in Delaware. Then he started his 14 hr work day. He was only.about 15 minutes from the end of his 14 hrs when he was involved in the wreck in NJ. This guy was on the go for probably over 24 hrs. He was most likely half asleep behind the wheel. The question I ask is why did Wal-Mart hire a driver that lives in Georgia to drive out of it's Terminal in Delaware? The guy had to drive over 600 miles just to get to work. No wonder Wal-Mart already settled the lawsuit. They probably easily paid out between 50 to 100 million dollars total to all of the accident victims.

11. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

That was answered earlier. He was trying to get a job at an Atlanta DC, but typical corporate they moved him to where they needed him to be. Maybe there was some expectation he'd relocate, or that he'd spend his weekend in the truck instead of going home, or that he'd fly home. (I've seen this attitude from multiple trucking companies)

I guess nobody figured he'd commute 600 miles to work. (I just turned down a offer to work hourly in a daycab 14+ hour days and a two hour round trip to the house, I told the recruiter she needed a drug test if she honestly thought that was feasible).

Some company's are getting hip to the potential liability and are restricting hiring to within 60 miles of a terminal. Although that makes a driver shortage more acute for them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.