New Jersey Grand Jury Indicts Trucker in Tracy Morgan Crash

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by born&raisedintheusa, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    He admitted it.
    I do it quite frequently when there are things needing to be done. Spent a week just last month wrenching on a vehicle 22 hrs per day getting it ready for a road trip...then got a good night's sleep and hit the road the next morning. Not everybody needs to sleep 12 hours per night to function.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Yeah when my kid was born I think I was up for 36 hours straight. My wife went into labor late in the evening. I had been up early that morning (3-4am?) worked all day, came home, started getting ready for guests (my kid was born close to thanksgiving, so a bunch of family were over,) we went out to dinner, came home, went into labor, 16 hours in the hospital (I did pass out a few times, my wife won't let me forget it either) kid was born around noon the following day. There were complications, so my wife spent the night in the hospital, while at home I had to clean up everything that was left out after our abrupt departure to the hospital. I think I passed out around 8pm.

4. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Heck, when I drive cross-country for vacations, I stop only for fuel & coffee recycling. Usually 27 hours from my driveway to my brother's. Get to spend more time w/ family if I don't waste half the trip driving.

5. Air Breeze

Air Breeze Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    So
    So Wal-Mart can't find enough qualified driver's that live closer to drive out of their Terminal in Delaware? Sounds like another case of PC getting people killed. Of course the truth will never be known since the Media will never report the real reason they hired this driver. It's not to hard to figure that out if you read between the lines...

6. Infosaur

Oh it's well known that drivers hate the north east.

If you signed on for a company the size of Walmart, would you work the northeast, the south, or where you live?

I just happen to be from up here so I'm used to it. Drivers from other parts of the country must have it pretty easy because all they ever do up here is complain.

Ruthless Thanks this.
  7. Jeff2011

Jeff2011 Bobtail Member

May 21, 2016
    NJ arbitrarily raises and lowers the speed limit all the time since the signs are digital. The limit is usually 55-65 but it was probabably lowered to 35-45 since there was construction at the time. Nobody obeys it though.

8. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ive done 100+ hours up. I think the personal record stands at 9 days and 10 nights with a part of the 10th day. You had to be young and really strong for that. I don't do that anymore obviously. I have a whole rest of my life to catch up on that missed sleep...zzzzzzzz

10. Infosaur

Wow!

I still don't know where he thought he was going that night. Leaving a terminal after his 13th hour. They even mentioned he'd passed a rest area (probably full). I suspect if this had gone to trial there would be a lot of uncomfortable questions to go around. (Insufficient parking on the Turnpike, Dispatchers pressuring drivers to use up every available hour, failure for a company as big as Walmart to find a guy a position anywhere near his house, etc.)

Hopefully the mainstream media (or entertainment media) won't pick up this story and this guy will fade into obscurity. Tracy Morgan can go back to being unfunny. It wasn't like the family of the guy who died was going to get a fortune from this guy anyway.

I'm not sure this guy should walk from a negligent homicide rap, but spending 5 years behind bars doesn't seem very productive for society either.

I hope this guy can get work, but I don't think he should drive anymore.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.