New Landstar Agent

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Agent Marc, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Agent Marc

Agent Marc Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Thanks, LS Agent. I appreciate the offer. I put a lot of stock in honoring my word; I think we simply misunderstood what the other was expecting. I'll figure it out!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. prolificlyfe

prolificlyfe Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2013
    buffalo, new york
    I spoke to a owner operator he was upset about how cheap the load came in. I do the factoring and all his paperwork, but you are right they (shippers) assume your punishing them, like 6-7Mpg is only thing the load should cover. Its sad but you did well, im glad it only took an hour. Some shippers don't care, they could pay a reefer a good load but why? You really are the customer service pro for truck drivers. Do well, they are counting on you to help them feed their families, so I guess we do the same thing lol.

4. truckfam

truckfam Medium Load Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Frederick, OK
    My favorite agents know if we're in the area. They call us!

Agents book our SD, on a flatbed load. We drive 150-200 miles, wait 2.5 hours, to be told, "No Step-Decks". That will get you on my, "no way" list.

If you call us with a load and we take it, it better be there. Once again, if we spent money to pick up your load, it better be there. Agents book us and then, we have no load. I used to book 3 loads. I don't do it anymore. I can't trust the agents.

russellkanning Thanks this.
  5. Agent Marc

Mar 10, 2013
    I'm in FWP, Pensacola, FL

6. russellkanning

russellkanning Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    Is that your agent code or did you join others?

7. bigNATURE

bigNATURE Medium Load Member

May 5, 2013
    Texas city, tx
    Agent Marc what's your agent code? My business pulls van here at LS and will help when possible

8. bigNATURE

bigNATURE Medium Load Member

May 5, 2013
    Texas city, tx
    I see your code now, FWP right

9. grizzly

grizzly Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Layton, Ut
    Landstars quotes are getting to be on the low side. Work with agents that know how to price OD loads and they will almost always pay more than the heavy haul department quotes.

10. Agent Marc

Mar 10, 2013
    I use Heavy Haul as a base, but I always ask the drivers I know what would be a fair rate. I take that to the shipper, and negotiate the rate. Since it is ultimately their checkbook, I list it at the price they say. Once I have a driver call to inquire about it, I can call the shipper back and use the added leverage of having an available truck, if they can meet the rate.

11. dogcatcher

dogcatcher Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2010
    tn
    Marc weve had our differences but be careful using heavy hauls est and pilot est, they are short most of the time especially the pilot side they use direct routing and with all the road work you can almost always count on a few hundred extra miles and if you hit that magic 14+ od mark you don't see to much interstate at that point

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.