New or old asked again

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Tug Toy, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Answer.......,..
    2001 international 9200i 72" mid rise eagle, 15L 450hp pre emmisions isx cummins, road ranger 10sp, all aluminum wheels full gauges 701k miles. 1 driver since new until 2011 and only 5k miles since then. All maintence records since new. Sleeper carpet still has the factory plastic on the carpet. I don't think they ever used the sleeper. Driver seat and door panel shows some use but the rest of the cab looks as new. Has all matched tires with nice even wear but almost gone. Date on tires 05. Needs new range sincro $13k

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lots of character

lots of character Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2015
  4. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
  5. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    Tranny work will cost you a lot, but price is low enough it could make some money.

Coffey, Road Killer and Cetane+ Thank this.
  6. Tug Toy

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Got my CDL when I was 18 in 1991 to deliver local in Phoenix az. Worked my way up to a management position by the time I was 20. I have been in management since then, mostly around transportation. I always had my CDL and said "well I can always drive a truck if all else fails". A year ago I was managing a manufacturing company and we decided to ship our own materials. Set up our own authority bought a truck and a trailer. I started driving the truck the few times a week we hauled on top of my management responsibilities. Turns out I got the bug. Quit working for manufacturing company in June and hired on with a local guy with 4 trucks and 5 o/o.
    Been looking at trucks and trailers since August last year and came across this in the next town over strangely enough.

I have been reading on this site since I started looking for the truck and trailer for the last company I was working for. This is a great resource of information of ALL things trucking. I also listined to all 200 KR (I know and agree) shows I could find. But I got to say that Doulble Yellow's information just put it all together for me!!!!! Thanks DY!!!!!!
    As he has stated finding a deal on a trailer is becoming a problem. Much harder to find a good one than a truck it turns out.

Thanks to all who have contributed to make this such a wonderful forum!!!!!

7. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Dont buy used trailer, rent or buy new

8. Tug Toy

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Well going to give the trans work a shot our selfs. Got a truck mechanic friend who said he would help and my boss has a fully set up shop I can use as long as I don't tie it up to long.

9. Tug Toy

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    My boss is telling me to buy new as well. I know DY wound up buying new also. I read a couple of others have regrets buying used as well. I'm having issues buying a $50k to pull with a $10k truck. Something about that just seems strange?

10. DougA

DougA Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Retired,In my shop in Md.
    Range syncro,easy job.Pop the back of the trans off,you'll need a press to knock the bearings out to get to the syncro.Make sure you have the timing marks right on reassembly,gears have to be timed before you put it back together.

11. Tug Toy

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Thanks, the guys are telling me with the FRO trans you have to access it from the top. That sound right? Didn't know about the timing. I'll have to ask my buddy if he knows that? If he stutters I'll get scared. Lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.