New or old asked again

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Tug Toy, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    @Hurst has that same unit. He seems to like it. I think the cat is probly the best of the bunch for that year. My carrier has an 07 t600 with a cat and it has 1.3m miles and I would drive it anywhere anytime.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    I love my CAT. Its been very good to me. Mine is an 04 BXS ACERT C15. NO EGR, no emissions at all. Personally I would not buy one with emissions (DPF). Or if I did.. I would modify it. I have driven DPF equipped C15's and it was hit or miss with regards to emissons related problems.

Its a left lane motor with power to spare. But you have to run it with finesse or your profits will leave out the exhaust. Pick and choose when to hammer down and use it sparingly.

Parts are expensive.. but then so are good virgin tires. Both will give you long trouble free miles. What would you rather have. A cheaper more affordable motor that needs to be repaired more often.. or an expensive motor that while costly to repair, will not see the shop that often,... provided you are on top of maintenance and service schedules.

Hurst

4. Tug Toy

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Picked this up today. $2k image.jpg
    1 dozen each: 3/8 chain, 3" straps, 3" ratchet straps, steel edge protectors.

24 plastic edge protectors.

6 ratchet binders and 6 snap binders.

1 bar

Full flags and oversize kit

2 strobes with mounts

4 work lights

Box of 21" bungies

Cabnit pictured with mounting kit.

Complete kit brand new 3 weeks ago.

5. Tug Toy

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Oh and 6 coil racks

singlescrewshaker and Road Killer Thank this.
  6. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    Looks and sounds like a setup a Freind had for sale in Ohio. He just sold his black Peterbilt and quit trucking.

singlescrewshaker and Tug Toy Thank this.
  7. Tug Toy

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Yea it was from a lease purchase guy. Hauled van then switched to a flat company a month ago. He decided to hang it up and turn the truck in. I didn't need any of this stuff but figured I could keep it at the shop. I have been looking at lockers as one of the boxes on my triler is junk. I have it all held together with straps. I'll have to move my muffler to mount this though.

8. 59MackB61

59MackB61 Light Load Member

Sep 12, 2012
    Looks like a good deal

9. Tug Toy

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Thanks, not sure it was the smartest money I have ever spent? Oh well?

10. Tug Toy

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Well it finaly happened...... Siting in line in parsons ks waiting in line to unload smoke started rolling from under the hood. The smell of anti freeze told the story. Broken upper rad hose. Called the local 24 hour truck repair. Fixed before they even pulled me in to unload. $202.06 for a hose and 4 gallons including the service call. I didn't think that was bad at all? image.jpg Guys did a good professional job. I highly recommend them!!!!!

11. CASCADIA007

CASCADIA007 Bobtail Member

Oct 12, 2016
    Hi, I have FRO15210C , air is leaking on top of the transmission by the shifter.
    I changed the oring. I saw a pink air line and unhooked it and the air went to normal, but every time I reconnect the line the air goes down and the high and low won't function.

Any HELP Please?
    Thank you.

Road Killer Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.