New rules at Roehl for Toll and Optistop route

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by judas, Sep 1, 2009.

1. grc56_tn

grc56_tn Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2009
    all over
    yes they still do that

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    It really is fun to go back and read some of these old threads. Like this one when this stuff was new. I still agree with some of it but from the few posts it seems some bugs have been worked out of it. Though as fueling it does push it sometimes, I've had the fuel light come on twice since I started here early September.

4. kardolmer

kardolmer Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Monticello MN
    Yeah my current route pushes my fuel limit. But i sent in a message and they changed my fuel level in the system so i would get fuel sooner.

5. Preacher Man

Preacher Man Road Train Member

May 31, 2008
    Mason City, IL
    If you have an issue about routing, or fuel during the workday call the fuel & routing department. My FM has been a jerk at times, but I called the fuel desk. When they saw the route I was looking at, they made it a permanent change in the system. It saved them a fortune in tolls, avoided Chicago entirely and was just plainly a better route. By the way I-90 through Rockford is $5.00.

6. Female Driver

Female Driver Medium Load Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Midwest
    What are some (more) toll restricted routes in place currently?

7. Matti_M80

Matti_M80 Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Boston
    I don't get a great deal of variety in my runs from WI to PA, but I do know off the top of my head that the Chicago Skyway (i-90) from the i-80/90/94 split in IN to where it rejoins i-94 in Chicago is a no-no. That's why they have us swing south on 94 and approach Gary from the south because that leg is free.

Female Driver Thanks this.
  8. creamy_filling102

creamy_filling102 Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Janesville, Minnesota
    I'm gonna be driving for roehl in about a month (first time OTR)...so how irritating is their routing, really? all those other posts are a couple years old. any improvements? i'm a little worried about being on secondary 2 lane rural highways all the time instead of interstates.

9. Lantern

Lantern Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Deliverin Soda
    Regardless what company you go to, it will happen.

Lets make a map in text

--I-------------------
    BBIB------------------
    --I-B-----------------
    --I--B----------------
    --I---BBBBBBBB-------
    --I------------B------
    ---I------------B-----
    ----I------------B----
    -----I-----------B----
    ------I----------B----
    -------I---------B----
    --------I---------B---
    ---------IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
    ------------------B---
    -----------------B----

I = Interstate
    B = Backroad

Horrible map, I know. But see how B breaks off and parallels down but essentially goes the same direction as the interstate before it connects back? Well the computer sees that as less miles therego that would be the most efficient route right? There go that is why you have that route. Back road saves time and miles from what the computer sees. Miles saved is more money in the pocket.

Now is that TRULY the most efficient route? Most likely not as Interstate is usually a constant speed with no red lights or heavy terrain. Alot of the times when I follow their route, it's usually getting me to another interstate to catch the one I need since following the interstate all the way down to the intersection point isn't always the best route.

If your worried about the routing, I wouldn't be concerned about it! Their routing isn't all bad!

10. dorset

dorset Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2009
    I-94 chicago is all bad.

Treefork Thanks this.
  11. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    Not at 3 in the morning. But I do agree for the most part.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.