New to Prime INC - What to expect (Springfield edition)

Discussion in 'Prime' started by silenteagle, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Rodneylh

Rodneylh Light Load Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Bonham, TX
    Headed to Springfield on the dog. Should be there about 5:30. Ready to get started.

FullMetalJacket Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Highway101

Highway101 Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Fallon, Nevada
    Get your packet filled out, drink plenty of water to make sure your blood pressure is down. Network with the guys coming into go through the trainers class, hopefully pick up a trainer. Get with Wally or Mike and see if you can sit in on the Smith System class if they are having it. Get with same and see if you can do any simulation training.

darthanubis and FullMetalJacket Thank this.
  4. unholy7

unholy7 Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2014
    confession:

i've never been under pressure/nervous about landing a job before. until this. after all the fixed mishaps, help from current drivers/trainers and my recruiter i really want to work here. the above and beyond ethics some of you have shown is mind blowing.

2 hours 16 mins till my ### is on the bus.

darthanubis Thanks this.
  5. darthanubis

darthanubis Heavy Load Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Everything is filled out.
    Don't have to worry about my blood pressure or BMI.
    They won't let me simulate, just printed out my DOT medical forms.
    I need to do the Smith class. Other than all that, I'm ready to ace this permit, and jump through the rest of the hoops.

Thanks. There are people with vests on, don't know what they are up to on a Sunday? IMG_20150705_113801.jpg IMG_20150705_113826.jpg

unholy7 Thanks this.
  6. Broshears

Broshears Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Pleasant Hill, Mo
    They're left overs from last week looking for a trainer.

darthanubis Thanks this.
  7. darthanubis

Jun 26, 2015
    Ugh..I don't want to join those ranks. I just need a nonsmoker who cares about their personal hygiene, and takes trucking seriously. I want in and out.

8. unholy7

unholy7 Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Right¿¿¡¡

9. darthanubis

Jun 26, 2015
    You can notice me easily tomorrow. I'll be the only guy with clean jeans and a clean blue button down shirt on looking like I'm applying for a job.:rolleyes:

10. darthanubis

Jun 26, 2015
    Orientation was interesting. The last gave a lecture and went on a power trip about food and drinks in the computer lab as she later went on to eat in front of us. Mentioned how liquid on one computer would fry the server and all the computers would be broken. Pretty sure it doesn't work that way. The lady collecting piss was an ###, as she requested we give her our ID, seemingly so she could throw, literally, throw it back at me. She was real nasty. The doctor Dina doing the physicals was friendly and awesome. Paul was funny going through the orientation packet and candid. He also did the interview. The security guy was unpleasant. The make nurse Cade was unpleasant.

I have simulator training at 13:00. Too bad I can't test for CDL today.

Roommate should up haven't studied or apparently told anything about the program.

One guy was so freaked out that Paul said we have a week to back out of the contract without owning a dime, when the contract actually said we have 3 days risk free.

All of this has nothing to do with driving a truck yet, so I don't care. Oh, no sleep had my roommate's snoring sound like an APU.

The campus inn cafeteria food is fine if you are used to eating out of a can.

I'm still excited and glad to be at Prime.

11. darthanubis

Jun 26, 2015
    My partner and I did pretty good in simulator class. CDL permit testing after orientation tomorrow.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.