New to the forum...

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Mecic68w, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Frachand

Frachand Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2012
    When I got hired in 2011 it took several months before they contacted me. Baker Hughes was the same way when I moved over there. Their hiring process is as unorganized as anything I've ever seen.

Mecic68w Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mecic68w

Mecic68w Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2016
    LOL, well I'm sure it's better than any level of any government level of the process. Applied to Baker too a while back for an ESP technician. Ain't heard jack. Seems like the mega corporations have a government type bureaucracy and cloud of political BS all of their own haha

Where you working at now?

4. Frachand

Frachand Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2012
    I'm hauling gas in Tulsa. Thinking about going back to frac. I miss the money and the work, but I would have to get on a good crew. The crew I worked with at Baker couldn't frac worth a #### and really made the job no fun.

Mecic68w Thanks this.
  5. Mecic68w

Mecic68w Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2016
    Good crews are hard to find with the low wages everybody is paying. Hope it works out for ya

6. Swamper

Swamper Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Weatherford, OK
    It depends on the driver. Minimum would be 60 hours a week, but right now we are so busy that a lot of the drivers are working 5 days running 14 hours a day and taking a 24 hour reset and doing it all over again.

Last pay period, I had 150.47 hours for 2 weeks.

Mecic68w and Chewy352 Thank this.
  7. Swamper

Swamper Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Weatherford, OK
    Overtime is anything over 40 hours, Sunday to Saturday.

Chewy352 Thanks this.
  8. Chewy352

Chewy352 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Enid, OK
    Sounds like the low hourly would be worth it then with the ot. I live in helena though so an hour commute each way would be tough.

9. Swamper

Swamper Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Weatherford, OK
    LuGreg in Longdale is looking for drivers which is closer to you. Craig is the yard manager there and I can tell you he is a very good guy to work for.

I believe they pay about the same as we do.

10. Chewy352

Chewy352 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Enid, OK
    My biggest concern is the bottom falling out again. I don't want to have to jump back out otr again.

11. Mecic68w

Mecic68w Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2016
    Just saw on the news the Friday that OPEC (middle eastern countries) will be cutting production in November so you know what that means. Crude prices are gunna rebound so North American drilling activity will more than likely increase, well maintainence activity will increase especially after the first of the year, hopefully. Might kinda depend on who gets in office. Trump wants to bomb ISIS controlled oil fields, so that'll push crude up quite a bit. But who knows what he will do with Russian drilling, but now Russia is supplying practically all of the EU with natural gas, oil. We need to get some natural gas exports going. Trump could let Russia keep going or he could put pressure on them. Who knows with Hillary, it could go a million ways with her. She really hasn't been preaching an alternative fuel/energy program and she's such a hack she'll take the easiest money she can get. She could take kickbacks from American producers, or she could pull an Obama and do another solar panel fiasco like Solyndra. Or she could give huge contracts to GE for wind turbines but those we're just money funnels to fund the Obama reelection, I think. She's friendly with the Saudis, too so who knows. She's a hard hack to gauge.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.