New truck (to me) with issues

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by ratchet196, Aug 16, 2016.

1. ratchet196

ratchet196 Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2016
    Hello
    I just bought this Volvo 670. The parking brake does disengage but truck still thinks it is applied.
    I looked for the sensor but unable to pinpoint which one. All connections seem good. With what I have been reading some say dash valve, others parking brake sensor.
    Anyone ever have this happen to them? I am new to this realm and would appreciate any assistance.

Also working on a/c system (check climate unit at next stop) and (check light control module at next stop) issues as well.

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mnmover

mnmover Road Train Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Lichfield MN
    Take it back to the dealer you bought it from, Oh, you bought from a private party without checking the truck out?

4. ratchet196

Aug 16, 2016
    Thank you for your help.

5. joeyg999

joeyg999 Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2015
    look behind the dash. There is a air switch most likely.

6. cjb logistics

cjb logistics Heavy Load Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Liberal Ks
    electrical rely switch has failed. Where it is on a Volvo I could not say. 900 k on tact hope you got her at a good price because plan on her pulling your chain on this type of stuff. Good luck.

7. ratchet196

Aug 16, 2016
    I got her for an excellent price knowing that there were issues. Now where to start. lol

8. cjb logistics

cjb logistics Heavy Load Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Liberal Ks
    Don't feel bad, 2013 389 Pete with A Cummins in it, and she only runs on a full tank before air locking.

9. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    ok For the parkind brake switch its simple. Remove the panel behind your clutch pedal all the way to the left of the dash. once removed look on the firewall there will be about 10 air switches look on the manifold it should write PBS of it's the one with the brown connector unlike the other ones it has a different connector all together changing it it's a little tough being that it's a push in fitting make sure you have a small flat screwdriver put it between sensor and manifold then try to push screwdriver toward manifold and pull sensor. That's 99% your problem with parking brake. without pulling out some codes hard to find the problem with check climate control most likely control is bad but need codes and some diagnostics to be sure.

ratchet196 Thanks this.
  10. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    light cotrol will always pop up if you have led in the back and noone programed them or there is some light thats not working

ratchet196 Thanks this.
  11. walstib

walstib Darkstar

Did you preprice the repairs to know it would still be a good deal when all the issues were fixed? Doesn't sound like it as you don't even have this problem diagnosed. Good luck!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.