New York DL for CDL Holder

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Flattie C, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Flattie C

Flattie C Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Richmond
    I suppose to transfer my out of state license to Florida but I just cant get any proof of resident to transfer my out of state CDL.

So I will just get the New York State. Question is, when I transfer my DL. Do I need to provide them a proof of residency? Im reading one website but can't find an info to where it says I need to show proof that I live in New York. However, I need to provide atleast 6 points of identifcation like out of state id or social.

How true is this? Got all my endorsement , no suspension of dl..So I can just easily go to DMV and get a New York CDL once I pass the vision test??

Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 4wayflashers

4wayflashers Heavy Load Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Not sure I understand your question. What state do you live in? You do know you can only have one drivers license im sure. Pretty much you can use any address where you can get mail. You will likely have to register/insure any personal vehicle in the state where you have your license.

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Try Escapees RV Club and get a Florida address. No personal income taxes in Florida. Many truckers do this.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.