Newbie with 2 preventable accidents......

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by ptw632, Jul 10, 2015.

1. ptw632

ptw632 Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2014
    Will anyone hire me now? Neither involved another vehicle and no one got hurt.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    What were they? Were you let go because of them?

4. ptw632

ptw632 Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2014
    One I hit a stop sign with the trailer, no damage.

Other I hit a guard rail with the front tandem , took a gouge out of tire and slight damage to guard rail.

Yes, they fired me

5. Longarm

Longarm Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2011
    How long have you been driving? Who did you drive for?

A lot of us have stupid rookie mistakes from our first year of driving myself included. You won't have your pick of the litter so to speak, but I'm sure someone will give you another chance, even if it means additional training time.

6. ptw632

ptw632 Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2014
    You just made my day. I got my cdl 2months ago and have been driving for Roehl for a month. Was still in training.

7. Longarm

Jun 2, 2011
    You were still in training when this happened??? Where the hell was your 'trainer'?

cnsper Thanks this.
  8. Longarm

Jun 2, 2011
    I ain't gonna blow smoke up yer ###. Two preventables before you've even gone solo is gonna be tough to overcome.

That said, I don't think you're unhireable. You may have to suck it up and eat the #### sandwich for a year or better just to prove to the companies you want to work for that you're a safe and reliable driver.

Chin up and good luck.

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Paschall Truck Lines
    Carolina Cargo
    Martin Enterprises of the Carolinas
    Western Express

ptw632 Thanks this.
  10. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Well you cannot say, no damages, as you did indeed have damages, like the bent or broken stop sign, and the massive gouge in a tire that most likely could not be used anymore. and the guard rail that also, most likely got replaced. each item costs money to fix or replace.

Sorry that you got canned, but this shows that (to me at least) you do not know how to make turns. the school you went to either sucked, or you just did not get the concept of making turns. Those accidents will be on your file, and most likely on your DAC.

You may have a difficult time in finding work, since the accidents cost over whatever amount the former employer considers to be either an accident or incident. Guard rails and labor are not cheap, city property like stop signs are not cheap, and tires are not cheap. Either way it is determined by your former employer, it'll be on your DAC

May be a long time before you find work again, then too, you may be told to go back to school.

11. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    There is some people who just never get the term "swift" always in a hurry to cut the wheel.
    What I'm saying is the day you realize not to rush and you take your time is the day you stop making big rookie mistakes. Take your time nobody is pushing you don't be scared of people honking and flipping you off.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
    tech10171968 Thanks this.
  12. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    they are only telling us we are number 1....

and I LIKE THAT......

S M D Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.