No cruise no jakes

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Rooster1291979, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    2001 KW t2000 n14 celect plus redtop.

New to me truck and I'm still working out the kinks. The cruise and Jake do not work. When I turn the switches on they do light up. When I am running the truck I noticed the parking light (pb red circle) is still lit on the dash display.

Im wondering if this is related to the Jake cruise issue. Anyone know where that switch is? Pulled the stereo and looked at the valves but didn't see an obvious culprit.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Clutch position sensor?

Dave_in_AZ and 123456 Thank this.
  4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Broken clutch return spring. There's a micro switch near the top of the pedal that is normally closed. If the pedal sags even like 1/4", it opens that switch.
    Hold pedal up with your foot and see if the cruise works.

ShooterK2 Thanks this.
  5. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Oklahoma
    Dave beat me to it. That's the first thing I would try.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  6. David_Simpson

David_Simpson Medium Load Member

Feb 23, 2016
    on our older trucks, IH's in fact, the plastic bushing on the brake pedal pivot broke, causing the brake pedal to sag. check that as well.

7. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I would say that park brake warning light is unrelated to your issue. Cruise control (for high idle) and jake should work with the park brake on. Likely a clutch switch issue.

As for the PB light, more than likely you either have a short to power on that warning light circuit. Or the pressure switch for that light is stuck closed.

8. AkinNAUY

AkinNAUY Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2014
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Had the same issue with a KW t600 but without the parking brake light. I was able to bypass the clutch switch but wasn't it. bypass brake light switch wasn't it either. After hours of labor at the KW shop. They found a corroded wire in the main harness that powers the brake light switch. Main harness in front of the firewall close to the top of the eng. Was weird because my brakes where working. Anyway i wasn't able to find any wiring diagram resources online thats why i gave up and left up to the "experts" :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.