No data Link & Speed, RPM, PSI gauges stopped responding & A/C stopped working

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Jardon, May 10, 2016.

1. Jardon

Jardon Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Texas
    I have a 2007 Freightliner Century and has recently realized my AC stopped working and a local tech diagnosed the trouble from the dashboard controller and boycotting it.
    After I left I also realized the Speed and RPM and PSI gauges do not work and it shows No Data Link.
    We have checked different fuses and cannot tell the problem. Pls has anyone has this experience before?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    possible problem from old qualcomm system or maybe something happen at the datatlink junction blocks

4. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Remove the plastic cover from down beside the driver seat along the floor where the data link port is. In the giant bundle of wires under that cover, there'll be a harness with one large gauge wire and four smaller wires. The large gauge wire supplies power to the rear blower in the sleeper. If this connector is all burned up and the connection is bad, it causes the exact condition you describe.

I pulled my hair out trying to find out where the problem was. I knew it was in the bundle of wires beside the seat because when my dash went out, I could wiggle the whole bundle of wires down there and the gauges would come back.

One day when the gauges went out, I reached down and grabbed the bundle of wires to give them a shake and noticed one wire was hot. I stopped and checked out the connector and noticed that when I wiggled that particular connector the gauges would go off and on.

Give that a try and let me know if it solves your problem.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    a3xpress Thanks this.
  5. Toma92

Toma92 Bobtail Member

May 31, 2022
    Was this issue solved? I’m having the same issue. Gauges and ac stop working at the same time. I hit a bump they come back. Then off and on. Sometimes it would work for a long period of time, sometimes it won’t. Please let know i would greatly appreciate it.

6. Stunteze

Stunteze Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2022
    Having the same issue, did you solve problem?

7. thesvg

thesvg Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Bump. I'm having this sporadic issue on my columbia day cab. Thought it was the cluster, went out and borrowed one. It's doing the same. Also the MPH needle shows speed while idling.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.