No driver unload?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Thull, Oct 15, 2016.

1. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    Where I work we do a driver unload on some occasions( except fuel and propane, always a driver unload) but get paid for it. Sometimes I will deliver to some farms or oil pump stations and have to pump off. No big deal.
    Most chemical plants or refineries are no-touch.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I pick up a pre loaded tank in Bryan Texas and run it to Fargo. Customer unloads, takes 30-45 minutes. Drive home to Dallas and take the empty back down Bryan the next week and repeat.

When I hauled lubricants I would say it was about 50/50. A lot of customers prefer to do it themselves as their onsite pumps are much quicker than the little pumps we had on board our trucks. Also did several anti-freeze loads to the Mercedes Benz plant in Alabama. Those were driver unload but a pure breeze.

There's just no comparison to pulling tanks vs anything else. There's no uncompensated downtime and the customers are better people. In tanking you pretty much leave home to perform a job, complete your tasks, and then you return home. Some tanker outfits pick up back hauls, I've never picked one up, turn and burn. It's a good life.

ChicagoJohn, slim shady and Cali kid Thank this.
  4. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Ain't that the truth.

EZ Money and Dna Mach Thank this.
  5. lil Chum

lil Chum Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2016
    Thanks for the input guys I was curious as to the difference and if it was truly worth it or not. I'm just ill due to the system slamming on breaks because of bridge shadows. It unnerves me because I have drove trucks that didn't do that and now I reckon it is the adjustment into the new equipment I am not liking. I appreciate y'all for the replies and hope y'all stay safe out there!

Dna Mach Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.