no hose how do you unload??

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Chuck_C, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Chuck_C

Chuck_C Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2014
    I've wanted to ask drivers next time I see one but I'm not running into them now that I have this question in mind (go figure), so I'll ask here: What's the deal with tractors that have no hoses, and no racks even to hang hoses? Are there companies that deal strictly with customers that use their own hoses to empty the chemicals? I want one of THOSE jobs!

Wish I could remember the name of the company logo on those tractors....dang I must be getting old.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. georgeandson

georgeandson Heavy Load Member

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.

yes. dedicated accounts. certain chemicals can not mix with water or other chemicals.
    to avoid issues they use their own hoses on site to insure the chemical they just bought it not contaminated.
    you dont want a chemical hauling job haha
    they crawl so far up your but with safety, you will cough your safety mangers balls all day...

they dont pay much better either considering the stress they put on you and the stips they have for you to keep your job.

4. unholy7

unholy7 Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2014
    ####, a customer unload sounds like easy mode. Until you get stuck in a break room for 8 hours

Derailed Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yep, except at Fuji in Phoenix you have to drop the trailer and leave the property; park across the street in the dirt. They call you on the CB or cell phone when your trailer is empty and to come inside the gate and hook up, weigh out, and head home.
    Bring food because you will sit for at least 6 hours or more; I usually knock out a 10 hr. sleeper berth break there.

6. 6daysontheroad

6daysontheroad Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2012
    North of the Rio Grande
    Rather than carrying hoses on a rack on the tractor, some trailers have trays and tubes to carry hoses on.

Canned Spam Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    We had trays for liquid loads and tubes for dry bulk.

6daysontheroad Thanks this.
  8. 6daysontheroad

Dec 15, 2012
    North of the Rio Grande
    Is that the same Fuji that has a terminal in Savannah Georgia?

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I don't know; only been to the one in Phoenix. Probably the same company.

6daysontheroad Thanks this.
  10. 6daysontheroad

Dec 15, 2012
    North of the Rio Grande
    Longest drop and hook I've ever done was at Fuji in Savannah. Was supposed to pick up a pre loaded trailer and their computer system was down. I had to wait 8 hours to get my paperwork. lol

11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    We had a customer in IN at a bakery. It would take about 6 hours to unload flour. They fussed constantly about the detention time and the drivers not knowing how to unload. Once the company sent a trailer mechanic with a driver to watch him unload and monitor the trailer. He found nothing wrong. After a few months they discovered they had a pipe plugged inside the plant.
    We all figured it was a plant problem because we also delivered flour to Bisquik in Kansas City and it only took about an hour at most to unload there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.