No Locs???

Discussion in 'TMC' started by miz860, Apr 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Maybe it's a safety thing. Maverick doesn't want drivers wearing jewelry while working since it can get caught on a chain or bungee and ripe the skin right off. Back then maverick didn't allow any tattoo, piercing or even beards

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Eeyore05

Eeyore05 Medium Load Member

Nov 13, 2015
    'Sconni
    It's not discrimination, then have an appearance policy, just like most carriers. Some are more strict then others. Dont like it, don't work there. It's that simple.

4. miz860

miz860 Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    I know they have since changed their policy. Now if the tattoo isn't offensive you are fine. That's what I was saying tho w.h.o. I can tie up my hair just like a woman could you know. For some people locs are apart of their religion (not me) but I just hate that we as a country still have policies like this with some companies. I don't know man maybe I'm over exaggerating this topic if so I apologize.

Orlandodriver Thanks this.
  5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Like W.H.O said then go elsewhere..Looking at their top notch equipment should prove their also picky on appearances.Tmc as an image to uphold for their customers and the public.Many don't like companies policies but it is what it is and nothing you can so or say will change that.Their are many carriers that allow you to be yourself,I suggest applying there.

6. miz860

Aug 23, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Yea I'm going to drop this topic. It's hard for people who aren't in my shoes or who this doesn't effect to understand my point of view. That's for the replies guys. I didn't mean to offend anyone if I did.

Orlandodriver Thanks this.
  7. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    But even the whitest people can have locs

image.jpeg

8. flybynite63

flybynite63 Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2016
    NC
    Discrimination? Most carriers have an appearance policy of some sorts. I just delivered a load of fuel to Averitt Express the other day and they have a poster in the driver room with three rows of pictures depicting acceptable and unacceptable facial hair variations. A poster with three rows of photos JUST for facial hair, cant imagine how many rows the one for hair on your head has. Dread locks can also be viewed as a hygiene issue for some. Im not saying you are dirty for having them or that yours are even dirty, Im saying to people not on the up and up in hair care they might come off as dirty.

And from a standpoint of discrimination, i really dont see how you could say that. Go to a Phish concert, thousands of white people with dreads, dreads everywhere. Just google image search "Phish concert fans" youll see my point.

9. miz860

Aug 23, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Maybe I should have clarified. I wasn't speaking discrimination on a racial stand point. I know all races can have Locs. Locs are a heritage and also religious thing for some. Most of the men in my family have Locs I had Locs up to the point where I joined the military. I just feel that's a topic that should be adjusted. No on your point of 3 types of facial hair that works. Why can't a policy state if you have long hair it must have a neat appearance. Another thing the general consensus is Locs are dirty well people believe to have Locs you have to have dirty hair that is completely false. I wash my hair 3 times a week. Anyway thank you all for the responses and keeping your responses cordial. I attached a pic of my Locs.

Attached Files:

10. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I am leaving my company for a few reasons. One is the hair, facial hair etc. Now, I am not going to let anyone tell me I can't be ME.

Orlandodriver and pattyj Thank this.
  11. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    At will hire/fire... Companies can set their own appearance standards, place I'm currently with follows military standard on facial hair. Keep your dreads, and just wear a cover.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.