No more washing your swift truck!

Discussion in 'Swift' started by MM3Deg, Feb 2, 2016.

1. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Use wash all wax all from Amazon no water needed and I had plenty of people comment on the truck

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MM3Deg

MM3Deg Medium Load Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    I thought I covered that...

The terminal rinse bays do less than a moderate rain storm.

Plus as others have said, keeping an appearance of clean and well maintained.... Much like keeping stuff off your dashboard...

All helps towards avoiding unnecessary and time consuming inspections.

Besides all that, I am trying to enjoy this job.... Without being a typical dirty smelly trucker.

Canned Spam Thanks this.
  4. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I didn't read the entire thread.far as swift bays not doing the best job, work on your part could make your trk shine like new.how often do you wash your truck?

5. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    I picked my first truck up from the guys at the shop and it broke down a day later.
    Sat in a hotel for a week and then my new trucks brakes shoot the truck like an earthquake.
    It sucks because other than the equipment I really did enjoy the short time I was there. Crazy as that sounds.

6. GJlonghaulguy

GJlonghaulguy Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Mobile AL
    They drive so slow any wonder they gather so much dust :D Well i'd sure have an issue with that how do they expect the truck to stay clean. Although they should have a truck wash at there own depot which of course would be free. If you do pay for a wash and they don't reimburse the money to you, keep the receipt and claim this as a deductible on your tax return.

7. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    Swift Laredo has a couple guys washing trucks on side of shop building I noticed that is very unusual. There is a ton of super dirty Best in class vehicles on the lot too.

8. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    Hah a driver said they charging 40 bucks a tractor.

9. VA CDL Holder

VA CDL Holder Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
    I would never waste my time getting a company truck washed. I only care about clean windows, mirrors and lights. It's not like I have an ownership stake in the tractor or anything, pride doesn't pay the bills either. They did very well on their earnings report a few weeks ago, I guess enough profit is never REALLY enough for those in the corporate building. The buck stops with the drivers on everything.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.