Northeast Knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by sleepily, Jul 19, 2015.

1. sleepily

sleepily Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Somewhere, Rhode Island
    Can anyone tell me what it's like to run with Knight and live out of the NorthEast? I'm looking at joining Knight as an OTR driver, and am looking for an idea on whether Knight or Prime or Roehl would be a better fit.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    I'd be very interested in the replies, too.

4. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Ran with them out of Indy. Was never real crazy about the northeast. Didnt like the planner in Carlisle either. As a company, they treated me well though.
    I did read somewhere that they are putting fridges in the new Prostars. No APUs or inverters and idling restrictions between 32-70 degrees.

5. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Planner has changed hands, at least on the refeer side. They went with a new system a few months back and shook everything up, the system now plans and models loads and planners only step in of the system has issues with a truck. Dont know about the dry side tho.

6. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Looking at Knight out of Charlotte myself... Is the new planner program called Zonar? Saw something on YouTube about it but wasn't sure what it was.

Will be watching this thread for additional input/opinions about Knight as well.

7. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    No we got rid of QualComm for company drivers, The new communication device is called Zonar. The computer system it self plans the trucks for the most part, There are still planners but they take a back seat unless there is a issue with the system not planning a truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.