northeast us under blizzard warnings

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by drvrtech77, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

just saw on the news they have driving bans in effect....didnt catch where tho...darn it

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Stew209

Stew209 Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Out in the Sticks
    All the states in the blizzard warning area are putting up travel bans. By 12am all those states will be shut down, no driving allowed

Giggles the Original Thanks this.
  4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt

Ya, east/north of you..... I thought they said a foot plus(wasn't paying much attention). Didn't seem like a lot to me. But all the heavy hitting locals are parking it. Sounds like a plan to me.....

5. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    at 9 pm est all conn. roads are closed ...11pm all roads in nyc close ...at 11pm all the port authority bridges close .

6. j76ny

j76ny Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Canandaigua,NY
    A lot of our receivers in the Mass., NJ, NYC area called and said don't bother coming because nobody will be here. That was before noon today. My load to Monmouth Junction was canceled. Not going to lie, I'm relieved. I didn't really want my first time driving in snow to be in a blizzard. Especially when the term "historic proportions" starts getting thrown out there.

7. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Just had a load dropped here in Pittsburgh that was duebto deliveylr in Conn. tomorrow. Reason for split? Reciever os closed until at least Thursday. Gotta scramble to find my driver anpther decent paying load to make up what he lost due to weather!

8. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    Headed out this morning at 0630, temp was -20, got up the road on top of the notch temp was -27.....Going through a lot of wood this winter......Luckily, we aren't getting much here, this time, but it'll come......I remember running the old airport hwy from Bangor to Calais, ME in the winter, now that was something to see...........

9. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    Got the fireplace going with a stack of wood in the garage. I ain't going out there except to run the snowblower

10. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    For the latest on the winter storm affecting the New York region, click here.

New York City was spared from the worst of a snowstorm that hit the Northeast early Tuesday, with the dire warnings that it could be one of the worst blizzards in the city’s history failing to materialize.

Heavy snow fell east of the city, with about 15 inches at Long Island MacArthur Airport in Islip, according to the National Weather Service. At Central Park, the total snowfall for the storm was about 5.5 inches.

More snow and strong winds were forecast for the region on Tuesday. In an updated storm forecast, the National Weather Service in New York said that the total snowfall could reach 14 to 18 inches in the city and 24 to 36 inches in Long Island.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.