Not paying attention rear end (videos)

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by S M D, Feb 5, 2016.

1. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    just thought id share make sure to watch the first video FORWARD TO 4:15 in first video ) from what i read that everyone was okay..... But by the looks of that cascadia it didnt look like he even tried to break nor does it look like there were any survivors. Ouch.

Getsinyourblood Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I don't know why be didn't just pass him and wonder why that other trk was going so slow.it also looks to me like the first truck delibrately stepped on his brakes because the second truck kept his speed behind the first truck.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    Reason for edit: Spelling
  4. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    It looked like a brake check. It's scary that there are people on the road who are that stupid or that crazy.

LumbraX Thanks this.
  5. kwog

kwog Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Yeah, I don't think we have to worry about the driver in the second video anymore. I half expected to see his flattened corpse fall off the back of the trailer he hit when they pulled them apart. First video...all I take away from that is lols at the ah! Ah ! Ah ! Holy ####. Like he was being painfully molested by a ghost.

6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    After looking at the video again it looks like the first trk came to a complete stop then started up again.what the heck is wrong with people.maybe he thought the second truck was getting too close.I'd like to know why the first trk was going so slow.

7. kwog

kwog Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Which are we calling first truck and which are we calling second ? There's the driver whose dash cam we're looking at...I'd call him second...HE might have done a 'brake check' but I don't see anyone else doing that. The truck ahead of him wouldn't have any reason to...dashcam driver was well over 70 feet behind him. Lead truck slowed to almost a complete stop (and then started moving again...why wouldn't he) but I see no reason to assume he did it to f8ck with the guys behind him. No one was tailgating him.

8. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    First truck is just that,the first truck,jackey I think is the name on the trailer.jackey its the one that done the brake check from what it looks like to me and why would he do such a stupid thing especially with a semi behind him.any truck driver should know they can't stop on a dime.I never said he was tailgating but maybe that's what jacky thought.nonethe less the other guy should have passed him.

9. kwog

kwog Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Yeah...I don't see him doing a ''brake check". Why would he ? The guy behind him was crawling 80 feet behind him. Both jacky and the guy who got hit were just lollygagging along it seems to me.
    I think it more likely the guy who got hit did one. Even then, as stupid as that would have been on his part, nobody should have hit him THAT hard. Whoever hit him was really out to lunch.

10. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Holy rolling roadblock, Batman!

11. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Folks, at roughly the 2:55 mark, the driver asks over the CB "which lane is getting through?". There was stopped/slowed traffic possibly due to another accident or conjestion. The only one doing anything stupid was the driver that did the hitting.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.