Now that Cox Auto (manheim & RAT) bought...

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Karen O, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Karen O

Karen O Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2015
    Gilbert, AZ
    Now that Cox Auto (manheim) & (Ready Auto) bought Dealertrack (central dispatch) what does that mean? What's going to happen to the mom and pop's?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    Not sure I am understanding which little guys you are referring to? If you mean carriers there will still be the same amount of cars to be move, you may have to negotiate rates better and if the price isnt right, let it sit, those of us that lived though 2008-10 will survive.

Now if you mean mom/pop brokers? If they are good to work with and fair to their carriers, they should do better, I will always call a known broker or contact before I ever look on CD, CD is my last ditch effort at getting loaded, I think a lot of us that have been around a whilem are using the boards less and less.

If I totally missed what you are asking I will apoligze ahead of time.

SLANT6 and Karen O Thank this.
  4. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    I am hoping that they, meaning the new ownership and management overseeing Central Dispatch hold the carriers on that board to the same qualifications they hold me to as a carrier for RAT. They dug deep into my background to qualify me to haul the work I had already been doing for 12 years directly for Manheim, so it would be fair play and refreshing to see them knock a few of the sub-par carriers off the board, maybe then the rates would inch back up? I know, wishful thinking, rant over.

In reality, it will just contribute to the race to the bottom in the car haul world.

5. Terry270

Terry270 Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2014
    BG, KY
    So Manheim bought dealertrack? I'm so confused.

Last thing I knew about was Manheim buying RAT but that's been a while now

Karen O Thanks this.
  6. brian991219

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Apparently this happened June 15 this year, here is the link to the press release:
    http://ir.dealertrack.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=917872

And the text of the press release for those too lazy to click the link LOL
    June 15, 2015
    Cox Automotive™ to Invest in Customers and Auto Industry with $4 Billion Acquisition of Dealertrack®
    Strategically combines two industry leaders known for innovation, customer focus and delivering results

Creates broader suite of open solutions that provide greater value to consumers, dealers, lenders and manufacturers

ATLANTA & LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Cox Automotive, Inc., a leading provider of digital marketing, wholesale and e-commerce solutions across the automotive industry, and Dealertrack Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRAK), a leader in software solutions and services for automotive retailers, today announced that they have entered into a definitive merger agreement.

Cox Automotive will acquire Dealertrack in an all-cash transaction valued at $4 billion, or $63.25 per share. The acquisition is subject to a minimum tender of at least a majority of the outstanding Dealertrack common shares and customary closing conditions, and is expected to close in the third quarter of 2015. The Dealertrack Board of Directors has unanimously approved the acquisition and recommends that Dealertrack stockholders tender their shares in favor of the transaction.

The combination of Cox Automotive and Dealertrack will create a broader suite of open solutions that deliver greater value to consumers, dealers, lenders, manufacturers and the overall automotive industry. Dealertrack's broad solution set for dealers is an excellent complement to Cox Automotive's vehicle remarketing services and digital markets and software solutions that serve the wider automotive ecosystem. In addition, the combination will better serve customers across global markets through each company's respective international footprint. Together, Cox Automotive and Dealertrack will be well positioned to help customers grow their businesses and increase efficiencies as they navigate a rapidly changing global automotive industry.

"This is a great investment in our customers and in the auto industry," said Sandy Schwartz, President of Cox Automotive. "We have long admired theDealertrack team and its highly respected brands. Integrating our platforms will be a big step forward in our shared vision of providing open, cost-effective and efficient solutions for dealers, lenders, manufacturers and consumers. We look forward to working with Mark O'Neil and his team as Mark continues to lead the acquired businesses and as we continue to innovate for our customers."

Mark O'Neil, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Dealertrack, said, "I am confident that with Cox Automotive, we will fully unlock the potential of our combined brands and teams in the service of our clients. Dealertrack team members have been a critical element in the tremendous success our company has achieved, and I want to thank all of our team members as we move forward into this exciting new chapter of growth. I am extremely enthusiastic about our future with Cox Automotive."

O'Neil added, "This provides a significant premium and immediate cash value for Dealertrack stockholders at closing. After careful and thoughtful analysis, with the assistance of our independent legal and financial advisors, we concluded that this transaction provides our stockholders with the opportunity to tender their shares at a price that recognizes the superior value of Dealertrack's industry partnerships, solutions, technology, financial management and international industry position."

The transaction is fully financed and is not subject to a financing condition. The acquisition will be funded through an existing bank facility, a new $1.85 billion bank term loan arranged by Citigroup Global Markets Inc. and a $750 million common equity investment from BDT Capital Partners.

BDT & Company and Citigroup Global Markets are serving as financial advisors, and Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz is serving as legal counsel to Cox Automotive. Evercore is acting as financial advisor and O'Melveny & Myers LLP is serving as legal advisor to Dealertrack.

About Cox Automotive (www.coxautoinc.com)

Cox Automotive is a leading provider of vehicle remarketing services and digital marketing and software solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive industry. Cox Automotive includes Manheim®, Autotrader®, Kelley Blue Book®, vAuto®, Xtime®, NextGear Capital®, and a host of global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. The company partners with more than 40,000 dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, and touches car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. Cox Automotive unites more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way people buy, sell and own cars every day. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, an Atlanta-based company with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees. Cox Enterprises' other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions) and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms).

About Dealertrack (www.Dealertrack.com)

Dealertrack's intuitive and high value web based software solutions and services enhance efficiency and profitability for all major segments of the automotive retail industry, including dealers, lenders, vehicle manufacturers, third party retailers, agents and aftermarket providers. In addition to the industry's largest online credit application network, connecting more than 20,000 dealers with more than 1,500 lenders, Dealertrack delivers the industry's most comprehensive solution set for automotive retailers, including Dealer Management System (DMS), Inventory, Sales and F&I, Digital Marketing and Registration and Titling solutions.

Karen O Thanks this.
  7. brian991219

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    They can spend $4 BILLION dollars for this but have to take 10% off the top of my negotiated rates when their wholly owned subsidiary took over transportation management for Manheim Auctions, another wholly owned subsidiary. I guess that is how they can afford this, take a broker fee to give me the work they used to give me for free, and make me jump through hoops to get it, like taking one whole business day off the expected arrival time and now count Saturdays where they did not count before.

KANSAS TRANSIT Thanks this.
  8. Karen O

Karen O Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2015
    Gilbert, AZ
    They picked it up in June for a cool 4 Billion. I was just a little surprised when I saw that.

9. brian991219

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Karen, maybe some of that money will trickle down into your home town, RAT's headquarters is also in Gilbert, AZ

Karen O Thanks this.
  10. KANSAS TRANSIT

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    I bet the orignators of CD wish they had held out a bit, didn,t they get like a hundred million? Just a couple of years ago.

brian991219 Thanks this.
  11. KANSAS TRANSIT

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    Jus
    t wait till they start charging you a "priviliged carrier" fee!!!

Karen O and brian991219 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.