Nrth GA CDL-A Drvr, 1yr, Seeks a New "Challenge" w. Non-Mega Emplr

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by Southeast Trucker Mike, Aug 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Southeast Trucker Mike

Southeast Trucker Mike Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2014
    North GA Mountains
    Thanks for your interest... please PM me if you would like a "detailed" resume to consider. Very briefly- I have over 100K OTR miles in the past 15 months, absolutely no moving CSA violations, clean MVR, great health, 52 years old, am "open" to immediate relocation for the right opportunity, divorced, grown children, and enjoy driving long days and distances. I resigned on good terms, "eligible for rehire", with (600 unit, previous employer) due to inability to EARN... insufficient miles, poor planning and constant equipment breakdowns were the problems.

What I'm seeking (just preferences, no "one" thing is absolutely "required"):
    • An employer that considers their drivers, every one, essential and truly NEEDED for their Company's success... and actually appreciates "jobs well done".
    • I'd like to feel like part of a "team"... and take PRIDE in my equipment, co-workers and employer.
    • I'd appreciate "real" incentives and/or recognition for being an outstanding employee... ie, don't just "bonus" based on quarterly MPG performance, since crappy equipment, terrain, weight and other uncontrollable factors affect such performance. Judge me on attitude, safety, and reliability... and reward me for "owning" the equipment problems I identify and get fixed. Give me a dispatcher that appreciates and rewards "can-do" attitude with longer, varied miles and a strong, healthy relationship.
    • This one is VERY important... keep me MOVING. While like many, I'd love to be home every weekend, I'm committed to a few more years of OTR... but I will no longer tolerate having my time WASTED while out on the road. No more burning up my 14hr clock with 3-4 hours of driving time... waiting at shippers or live unloads for customers that simply don't give a !@#$ about my time or ability to earn.
    • No more "waiting" on loads after completing the current job... plan BETTER. I'm fed up with my time being "wasted"... I want to EARN my pay, but can't when I'm forced to sit and not drive.
    • Give me a "voice"... a place to be HEARD by management. Don't force every contact that I wish to make with Company "decision-makers" through ONLY one person (driver manager, etc).
    • I'd truly respect an employer (or supervisor/boss) that can admit when THEY make a mistake... rather than passing blame on "circumstances" or others. When I make mistakes, I OWN them and learn from them and, most importantly, ADMIT them to accept responsibility.
    • Finally- mandatory... do not EVER lie to me. In order to trust my employer, I'll need them to trust ME by giving the TRUTH when I ask questions. Don't "lie by omission", either... if you can't give me an answer for whatever reason, just say so and help me understand why not.
    Well... if anyone has read to this point- I salute and thank you! Please PM me regarding any employment situation that could give us BOTH what we need. Give me the chance to make a REAL contribution to your business over time. I'd love to grow with an "up and coming" company needing OTR drivers, or drive route with a larger one that gets me home most weekends. I've enjoyed dry van, but would love to learn reefer, tanker, doubles or other hazmat. I'd prefer to leave flatbed to the younger or stronger guys that can handle lots of climbing and cinching down of loads.

My final thought to consider... if I am given the opportunity to EARN money, then YOU will MAKE money. I've seen first hand in this industry that the following is SO TRUE- "You get what you pay for"!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Buddy if you find that let me and everyone else know. Id like to get that too, and live in your area. If you don't smoke and are interested in teaming I might be willing to team.

PS: You don't want to learn refer.

Southeast Trucker Mike Thanks this.
  4. Southeast Trucker Mike

Southeast Trucker Mike Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2014
    North GA Mountains
    Hi BBP... have made the decision to join Barr-Nunn Transport, and will be in Charlotte, NC for two days orientation, then OTR. Their compensation plan seems far ahead of my previous employer... and I'm trusting that they will give me the miles promised. I'm ready to do as much as I can to prove how "different" a driver I am... better attitude, can-do, and MAKE MONEY for us all. I'm hoping to switch to "team driving" in about six months... provided I can find the right, driven partner. I'll post my experiences with Barr-Nunn in that section once I get rolling.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.