Ohio Dust Storm

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by tucker, May 29, 2016.

1. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    May 29th 2016 on I-71 about the 80 milemarker, It was a low looking dust storm, I'd of stopped further back if there was any rotation, and I was loaded heavy, and I didn't edit the timeline

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I ran into a dry whirlwind (dust devil) out in Arizona a week or so ago. You could see it coming with all the aluminum cans and other trash and debris it was moving around. I was heavy and it jostled me and the car in front of me pretty good and slammed a few cans into the side of my truck. (I guess it had just ran over a trash can or a trash dump somewhere nearby)

tucker Thanks this.
  4. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Wild Video... Thanks

tucker and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  5. 4mer trucker

4mer trucker Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2015
    That was definitely weird, looked like dust and corn stalk huskìngs getting blown from what appeared to be a farmers field on Ur rt side @tucker

6. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Only dirt and corn stalks and parts of them made it through the closed passenger window on this tight new truck.
    It wasn't that wide or tall but it was miles long, I figured traffic would crawl through it, I don't know why they stopped

4mer trucker Thanks this.
  7. 4mer trucker

Nov 18, 2015
    Hard to tell from the video but seemed like U were slowed way down then Ya came upon 4 wheelers stopped in the left lane and partially in rt lane and shoulder

That could have been awfully dangerous for them if a FedEx was in the area

Md420 Thanks this.
  8. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Years ago on I-10 in California an oversize driver behind me, warned me how bad the giant dust devil was going to be ahead of us. Because of him I slowed way down and we crawled through the carnage and 20 foot visibility to the other side. And that prepared me for this.
    In Ohio, I had my 4 ways on and I Was slowing beforehand, the stopped traffic surprised me. I couldn't have got completely on the shoulder anyways...
    I almost didn't post the video because... do I want to film my self stopped in the right lane of a 70 mph interstate?
    Plus it's the holiday and few Fed Exs are working

4mer trucker Thanks this.
  9. 4mer trucker

Nov 18, 2015
    Wasn't trying to discredit how U handled the situation and hope it wasn't taken as such.

Can really see thru Ur video how a BAD SITUATION could have happened with 4 wheelers coming to a complete stop in traffic lanes on a Interstate Highway. That is just complete stupidity imho

HalpinUout and tucker Thank this.
  10. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Ya, I couldn't believe it when he came upon stopped traffic in the travel lanes. Another head shaker...

4mer trucker and tucker Thank this.
  11. Md420

Md420 Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2015
    Tn
    Or Wal-Mart lol

4mer trucker and tucker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.