Ohio, here we go with more fun, ahem...!

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by G13Tomcat, Aug 13, 2016.

1. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Between the "new" roundy-round in Dublin (at least no central statue, LoL!) and the upcoming movie in the vicinity, this oughta be fun, @Mike2633 & @Bob Dobalina , etc ~!!!

No peace before winter here, guys! Be safe, take pix!!!!

upload_2016-8-13_5-47-59.png

Bruce Willis movie to film in central Ohio
    BY MARIA DURANT FRIDAY, AUGUST 12TH 2016
    The movie First Kill, starring Bruce Willis, will film in central Ohio. (WSYX/WTTE)
    The director of Bruce Willis' newest movie has been tweeting out and scouting areas in Columbus and Granville looking for spots to shoot.

The new movie is called "First Kill."

Steven C. Miller and his crew spent Thursday at The Lazy River at Granville Campground.

"It's very exciting to potentially have a movie shot here, " says owner Mark Kasper.

He and his wife both own and run the campground. They say the crew looked at several different areas where they could shoot the film.

"They looked at a couple of our cabins, also possibly shooting in our woods." says Kathy Kasper.

Columbus has seen a few big names filming movies in Central Ohio.

Last December Arnold Schwarzenegger filmed "478" and then John Travolta spent several weeks filming 'I am Wrath.'

Director Miller tweeted " The city is beautiful and captures the heart of our story. Happy to be here."

Bob Dobalina and x1Heavy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Beautiful?

Hmmm.

Those roundabouts can have one improvement made to them. A isolated right hand turn only lane added to the outside of the existing geometry so that People don't have to squeeze two lanes into one just to make a turn. They did one by the river and under the bridge. Now they need to do the other three.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  4. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    We have 2-3 round-a-bouts on the east side one in Pepper Pike that I go through a couple times on Friday and then one on Solon Orange Mayfield Road and another on Lander Road out in Lyndhurst I use it to get to Ceder Road on Friday's. I don't live on the east side though and out on the west side we do not have any round-a-bouts and in Lorain which is polar opposite of the east side they don't have round a bouts either.

G13Tomcat and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Is that a nice OLD Ford 9000 in your avatar picture? Please tell me that's a 9000?

Those things were agile. I self taught to drift on ice in large parking lots with and without empty trailers. If the boss man walked outside and turned the corner wondering what is world is that engine revving doing and sliding tires on ice... I would have been so fired.

But that expereince saved lives many times on ice with that 9000. It's like driving a Jeep CJ V8, something that you could stick into a tiny parking spot downtown no problem at all. It's hard to teach you younger ones about the joys of those old trucks like the 9000. I can go on and on and on. WHADDA truck.

But ignore me. I don't want to derail this thing.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  6. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    That's the idea of the two lane entrance configuration. If you're taking the first exit (turning right), then you use the right entrance lane. If you're not taking the first exit, you use the left hand lane to enter, and immediately cross to the inside lane.

HalpinUout and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  7. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    It is a Ford L9000 GFS had them for many many years and around 1992 started switching over to White-GMC, but before that they had many many Fords. They tell me the L9000s were very good for steering and maneuverability.
    IMG_3417.JPG

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  8. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Correct. . . how do we tell everyone ELSE that?!@?

windsmith Thanks this.
  9. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    I'm sure @Thull would like to know that...in case he heads thru there, LoL! @scottied67; what's YOUR outtake?

Thull Thanks this.
  10. Thull

Thull Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    I am more confused than a dog at a Chinese restaurant :D

11. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    You can't fix stupid.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.