Oil Price Predictions?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Luke628, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Luke628

Luke628 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Houston,Tx
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steve62

Steve62 Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2015
    Northern BC
    Oil prices were pushed artificially low by the U.S. And Canada to hurt Russia financially. Yes it is hurting us but it is. Hurting them more. Russia's economy has dropped like a stone. It will come back but not for awhile yet. Lol. Maybe when Russia gets the hell out of the Ukraine. Oh I forgot they are not in the Ukraine, and oil dropped on its own.

4. Jon_n_West_TX

Jon_n_West_TX Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2013
    There will always be a need for crude haulers, Oil will probably stay where its at for awhile unless a war or something happens.

My grampa retired from crude hauling and his advice to me was the opposite of what everyone on here is giving out. That is to stick with the smaller mom and pop outfits that been around for 20 or more years. They have personal relationships with whoever needs the oil moved. The good ol boy network i guess you would say. The bigger outfits only care about profits for the shareholders and are always buying and selling each other out.

5. Luke628

Luke628 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    After I posted this thread I got a call from my boss asking me if I wanted to come in on my day off tomorrow. I said of course. I was off today and he told me it suddenly picked up and not all loads got done today.

Surprising since last couple months it had slowed down. Here's hoping that this pick up is permanent.

Just last week they were asking for volunteers to take extra days off.

I like to run hard and it makes for a sweet payday.

OPEC is at the top of their production capabilities. So here's hoping we've seen the bottom of the price of oil and it goes back up to at least 70 per barrel.

mukhtarjama and tucker Thank this.
  6. Ben Gunn

Ben Gunn Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Forgotten Coast
    I predict it will go up. Then down. Then up again. Then down. Then up. Then down.

7. kogaFX

kogaFX Light Load Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Frozen Lease Road, ND
    I don't think its the US keeping prices low, I'm pretty sure its Saudi Arabia. They did the same thing int he 80s... kept prices low, drilling didnt really start kicking till 2008. It would be nice if it went back up a lot sooner but I wouldn't count on it.

flightwatch Thanks this.
  8. flightwatch

flightwatch Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Somewhere in Texas
    The U.S and Canada didn't push oil prices down. It is counterproductive to this administrations "green" energy agenda. It was OPEC that pushed their oil prices so low that it became unprofitable for the US to compete. Saudi Arabia can survive on $10/bbl oil. Here, anything less than $35/bbl is unsustainable. Hell, you saw what $45/bbl oil did to the US oilfield. Russia was a byproduct of OPEC's greed...not to mention that their economy was very fragile to begin with.

chalupa Thanks this.
  9. McCauley

McCauley Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2013
    Donald Trump wants to bomb all of the oil fields in Iraq, so if we elect him, I guess that's a start.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.