Ok hear me out....

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by BriDan07, Jul 7, 2015.

1. BriDan07

BriDan07 Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2015
    My wife and I just recently became interested in the world of trucking. We just recently stopped smoking pot and tobacco for a better life. We don't believe in it anymore. With that being said, we didn't know and had talked to swift for some info. They asked me if I had ever done drugs. Now, proud that I was that I had stopped, I mentioned it and they laughed in my face and hung up. With that being said, honestly. Do I have a chance at this even when I am completely clean (won't test positive for thc) or did mentioning it at all messed up everything, (they took down my social for the application)?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BriDan07

BriDan07 Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Also. Nothing on my driving record. No duis or dwi's, no accidents, nothing like that at all. We were just two veterans enjoying our civilian life for a bit.

4. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Seems Swift is looking for liars only, or social misfits.
    7 years ago in Crete's application, they asked if I ever used drugs, I checked yes. That's all they asked about it too. Good Luck to you with the anti drug crowd typing their manifesto

skellr, Shaggy and BriDan07 Thank this.
  5. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    So you were stoned last night came across an ad on the internet that said make 50k a year, see the country, be your own boss, enjoy the freedom of the open road....you said wow man....decided to quit pot after the joint this morning and being super happy about this new adventure you called Swift.

Clean up for a few months and try again.

6. HorseShoe

HorseShoe Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Claims he is "clean" but next thread he's going to post if company XYZ does hair or urine tests

G.Anthony, Shaggy and 77smartin Thank this.
  7. BriDan07

BriDan07 Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Lol I'm ready for it. Propaganda is strong in this area. I'll take the abuse for a few words of advice.

8. BriDan07

BriDan07 Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Also, I don't care about how they test it. By the time I've done the schooling and recieve a cdl-a license, I will have been clean for longer than enough time. But thanks for your support!

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    Will your probabation officer vouch for being clean?

G.Anthony, HorseShoe and 77smartin Thank this.
  10. lagbrosdetmi

lagbrosdetmi Box Monkey

Jul 1, 2014
    Detroit
    Here's advice: this industry doesn't tolerate drug use at all, not a bit. One positive test you are done. They're random too, and you have 24 hrs to provide your pee.

So if you're truly clean, and armed with that knowledge, absolutely go for it and good luck. When you fail, that's just more work and $ for me and the other clean drivers.

G.Anthony and BriDan07 Thank this.
  11. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Be clean for about 3 month's or so. Then you should have no worries.
    I never heard of an application that ask's if you ever used drugs. Interesting.

BriDan07 and Shaggy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.