OK, its tough out here!!!!!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Phildo, Aug 27, 2015.

1. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    taught to trip on paid miles plus 10%. thats the van divisiooon.

Seeing soem better accuracy here on this account I run now. Still off though.

AppalachianTrucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AppalachianTrucker

AppalachianTrucker Heavy Load Member

May 25, 2014
    Orion Arm
    Are the dedicated accounts better paying than running with van division?
    [Looking at Target dedicated is why I ask.]

4. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
  5. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    Contractor site has 1 number for loaded miles.
    Work assignment comes and says different number of loaded miles (almost always more)
    Navigo dispatches and say another number of miles ( usually more than both previous)

I asked about this year's ago and was told SNI uses HHMG for load board (they claim it's the industry standard.... in 1970 it was.)

There own system, Load board,WorkFlow, Navigo all have different distances for the exact same load. It's a shell game they use to make the loaded rate per mile seem higher and acceptable.

Of course this is percentage so why anybody on this program or this forum questions the mileage is beyond my comprehension level (smart axx sarcasm for those to slow to follow along at SNI company truck speeds). I mean you should never even map it or care about miles because it's % based.......

Wait a minute let me put some common sense in it for those of you still reading along.

Trucking always has been and always will be based on mileage.
    % based is just a sales gimmick to get those who are adverse to mileage pay to do the same mileage pay work under another name.

Think of it as a sliding mileage based trucking job.

Everything about trucking from loads to pay to fuel to maintenance to cost per mile to run a truck is figured on mileage.

Ok so lesson learned don't type while on the toilet because you spew shot out of both ends....LOL

6. FatDaddy

FatDaddy Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Katy, TX or Swedesboro, NJ
    Keep in mind that them using HHG miles that if one or both locations you are picking up in are big cities you could get screwed depending how far from the center of town you are delivering. Usually small town to small town loads are going to be closer to accurate.

I have had good luck so far except for today now that you mention it. Booked a deadhead out of New Orleans to Zachary LA....Schneider said it was 88 miles but the delivery in New Orleans was on the far east side of the city so it turned out it was a 120 mile deadhead. Happens occasionally but this isn't exclusive to Schneider.

7. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    Woodland, Pa to Carlisle, Pa 130mi... Load board says 60+ miles. Same thing Williamsport, Pa to Carlisle.

8. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Its makes me wonder if they're cooking the numbers for you I/Cs. Because, as a company driver, my mileage is surprisingly close. I check google maps all the time against my pplan, and usually the routes are indentical and the miles well under 10%.
    I had actually thought they were running practical miles

Ketchikan baby Thanks this.
  9. sicksfeet

sicksfeet Medium Load Member

Aug 15, 2009
    line 1
    :evil3:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  10. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    practical miles!?! :laughing-guffaw:

Remember you don't book off a load board... we get preplans too after we book off a load board.
    Only cities are listed on the load board. Say you book something in Atlanta, if could be next door or 20 miles away.. you just don't know.

scythe08 Thanks this.
  11. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    Depends on the account and region or location.. I find better overall consistency with weekly pay hometime etc.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.