Ok.. my first issue!

Discussion in 'Swift' started by MM3Deg, Aug 7, 2015.

1. MM3Deg

MM3Deg Medium Load Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    Turns out the oil never was low...

Dipstick has nice little notches to be easy to read..... Sweet little cut outs that you quickly and easily tell level whether it is dark or light.

But Cummings is just kidding with those... You actually gauge oil level with the much harder to read etching on the other side.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MM3Deg

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    Still have no solution. TA fumbled around with it for about two hours.. Cleaning the air compressor and dryer..

Went to drain the excess oil... Dropped plug.. Lol.

So they did oil change.

New air filter.

Can now only recommend tow to dealer to have trouble codes read... And real services performed.

I'm 11 hours away from a 34... So, heck let the circus continue.

Ring Master... On With the Show!!

spectacle13 Thanks this.
  4. iloveatrucker

iloveatrucker Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Reminds me of a car i drove. It had a minor transmission leak, so i just randomly added more fuel after i would leave work and see the puddle underneath.

Well, one day, i went to visit my parents down state, and my car would not go over 25 mph...so, i turn around and call my dad.

He drove the 2.5 hrs up to see what was going on, and comes in my house just mad as can be. Apparently, i had about a gallon too much fluid in it. He drained it, told me i killed the transmission, and left.

My father was a diesel mechanic. He was so disgusted with me for not actually checking the levels.

5. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    1st of all, that reservoir is for your clutch. Prostars have always had a hydraulic clutch setup. That wouldn't shut your engine down, you can drive and shift a truck without pressing the clutch. You only need a clutch to stop or start. As for the shutdown, there should be some sort of message on the LCD screen. If not, that is the reason T/A is sending you to the dealer. I have tried to pull codes off of various Prostars I have driven (both Cummins and Maxxfarce powered). Unfortunately International/Navistar makes it almost impossible to read any fault codes once you get them to display. I have gotten them to display (both current and saved codes) but I have never found a complete list of fault codes that have the faults my truck displays. I think they do that on purpose so the dealer has to do the work.

6. allisonisatranny

allisonisatranny Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    What is a Cummings? You can't check the oil in a Cummings.

MM3Deg Thanks this.
  7. MM3Deg

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    Lol. Must have confused that with having my oil checked while Cummins.

rickybobby Thanks this.
  8. MM3Deg

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    Turns out there is short in sensors or wire harness... They won't be able to start the hunt till Monday.

In the meantime I am at a motel in Texarkana... Off to ####tail hour at the red lobster...

spectacle13 Thanks this.
  9. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Likely story the T/A 'dropped' the oil plug lol, I believe the techs get a percentage of the billed rate of the work they produce, so it wouldn't be out of the spectrum for these guys to make a little $250 mistake for a chance to capture a few bucks of that from the bill.

HousTank Thanks this.
  10. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    I don't know about that ... 3 leaking hub seals on a trailer yesterday... They seemed irritated when I insisted that the grease soaked brake pads be replaced.

HousTank Thanks this.
  11. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Embarrassing!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.