Ok, need help with Prostar wires!

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Fajo, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Ok, so I have a 2011 International prostar with a cummins. I have been trying to add in the optional gauges that did not come with the truck. International says the main wire harness is universal across all its trucks. So I have bought everything im told I need for it but yet my still missing a wire that no one can tell me where it is..

See pics below

image.jpg image.jpg
    If anyone has one of these trucks with the optional gauges working can you if u have time take a look behind it and let me know where thw wire off that panal leads. International dealer is useless i spent countless hours there today trying to get this resolved and have googled everything I could think of..

Please advise and thank you to anyone that can help me. Been pulling my hair out for days trying to figure this out

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Well thank you to anyone that did try to help. :)

4. Mr.X

Mr.X Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Spokane, WA
    Well I know in automotive applications that unused wire might be bent back and tucked under the protective sheathe that is on the harness. Have you found a schematic with wire colors or numbers and tried tracking the missing wire down that way?
    Im pretty sure at the factory they wouldn’t just leave unused wires hangin. I have seen them doubled up and stuffed back into the harness on automotive. Most of the trucks I have done wiring repairs on were already hacked to death before I got to look at them.

Fajo Thanks this.
  5. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    I figured this also, just wanted to make sure the wire that should be attached to that runs down to the harness and there is not a missing wire in between or a "Y" wire missing before I unstrap my wire harness and cut the protectors.

And nope, according to international the wire im looking for does not exist. Cant even find the wire diagram for this section of the dash.

Mr.X Thanks this.
  6. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Thats also why I asked if anyone has a working one of these or works where they can see one to snap a pic, picture would help loads but it takes pulling the cover off to see. We will see I might get lucky and someone might have a pic.

Be safe all.

7. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Guess we got moved :p snipped the protectors could not find the connector, looks like im missing a wire inbetween.

8. purpleprime

purpleprime Medium Load Member

May 30, 2013
    spickard, mo
    Is there any other instrument cluster that have that same plug if so it could be that you may be missing a piggy back jumper if that makes any sense at all. ?

9. purpleprime

purpleprime Medium Load Member

May 30, 2013
    spickard, mo
    And I doubt piggy back jumper is the correct term just always what I called them because that is the best way to deceive it basically the jumper would plug into both clusters and one end of it would allow the feed wire to be plugged into it

10. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    I believe this is the same like KW set up the plug you are showing just jumps from gauge to gauge for the optional ones anyway are you looking for a particular wire or four wires and the connector

11. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Ok so looking at the diagrams a little bit for 2011 prostar that has to be the connection that goes between the gauges same like it is in the 06 to 09 KW with the optional gauges as long as if you need any programing done to the body builder module that i wouldn't know but wiring wise almost 100 percent thats what that wire is

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.