OnGuard Collision System/Meritor Wabco poo...

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by milkdud, Jul 21, 2013.

1. milkdud

milkdud Road Train Member

I really dislike both of these devices. Can anyone buy a new FrieghtLiner without these so-called Safety Systems? If they would disable the computer's ability to apply the brakes AUTOMATICALLY without the driver's consent, then I could live with them.

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. milkdud

Well, it would seem no one is familiar with the above named devices. Go figure...

4. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Well, a call placed to the nearest "DEALER" would probably get you a certified straight answer.

milkdud Thanks this.
  5. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I have the Volvo version. It can be a pain at times.

milkdud Thanks this.
  6. fuzzeymateo

fuzzeymateo Heavy Load Member

May 20, 2013
    AZ
    They're the dumbest unsafe stupidest f'***** things I've ever seen. Oh did I mention they are unsafe too??? They will lock the brakes up without warning for no reason. They claim they are not calibrated correctly but when they are recalabrated every couple of weeks and still don't work I think it's the system itself. THANK YOU MERITOR FOR PUTTING OUT AN UNSAFE PRODUCT!!!!! If I was a slip and fall trial lawyer I'd bring a lawsuit against you!

Sorry for the rant!

milkdud Thanks this.
  7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    first, it was a machine to tell you what to do. then it was a machine to record you doing what you do. now it's a machine to tell you how to drive.

won't be long now before we're not even needed in a truck anymore. 3 million truckers out of a job.

and they complain about driver shortage. when they're pushing us to extinction.

milkdud Thanks this.
  8. milkdud

ROFL!!! Thanx. Certifiable too, I bet.:biggrin_25524:

9. milkdud

Snowwy, I hear yah. Never thought I would make the Endangered List.:biggrin_2551::biggrin_2551::biggrin_2551:

10. milkdud

:biggrin_25513::biggrin_25512::biggrin_25523::biggrin_25512:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  11. milkdud

One of my favorite gripes about the beasties is that it will start to lock up all your brakes when it senses a bicyclist is ahead of you, even when the cyclist is in their own designated bike lane. Then it releases the brakes. It is supposed to be de-activated if you turn off your cruise control. That's not true.

I left out the word SAFETY in my title, by the way. The On Guard Collision SAFETY System is NOT SAFE!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.