OOIDA has filed a lawsuit to counter ELD

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by ExOTR, Mar 31, 2016.

1. thejackal

thejackal Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    Far as I'm concerned ooida is wasting resources on this eld thing....why? Let the mandate stay...I give it a year before shippers everywhere are screaming for repeal.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JAYRODPA

JAYRODPA Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2009
    Dingmans Ferry pa
    Things will only continue to get worse. Unless the drivers grow a set and take care of business there self. But I don't see it happening. todays drivers are selfish, disrespectful and to dependent on tech.

thejackal Thanks this.
  4. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    Some might be "dependent" on tech, but some of us take advantage of tech.

KANSAS TRANSIT, peterd and snowwy Thank this.
  5. thejackal

thejackal Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    Yup and the govt knows it so they screw the industry cause no one gonna do #### about it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2016
    Reason for edit: skirting the filter.
  6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    depends on the tech.

7. Cowpie1

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    Yeah. True. Having the laptop, smart phone, GPS routing, etc sure beats the old days of pay phones and such.

KANSAS TRANSIT, peterd and ethos Thank this.
  8. JAYRODPA

Apr 10, 2009
    Dingmans Ferry pa
    Your right. Tech makes life easier. But because of tech what is it that drivers don't do anymore. TALK !!!!!!! When was the last time you saw anyone using the drivers lounge. There all in there trucks playing with there tech. And you wonder way things are like they are now.

9. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Maybe the members of OOIDA are complaining to OOIDA about not doing anything and so OOIDA is doing something that they know won't mean anything just so they can say they tried?

10. Cowpie1

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    Some truth to that. I can't even remember the last time I hung around a driver's lounge. I really only use truckstops for fuel and showers. I primarily take my breaks at customer locations. I bring food from home, heat it up in the truck, have a built in fridge, and watch movie on my laptop, maybe take a walk around with no other activity going on at the quiet customer location. It is extremely rare for me to take a full break at a truckstop. Cuts down the risk of having some dweeb back into my tractor or take the mirrors off.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
    ExOTR Thanks this.
  11. JAYRODPA

Apr 10, 2009
    Dingmans Ferry pa
    OOIDA do what they can. They are the only people trying to help the drivers there are 3.5 million driver and OOIDA only has 150 thousand members. Tell me what the problem .is

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.