Open Container Ticket

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Heavydiver, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heavydiver

Heavydiver Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Denham Springs,La.
    Does anyone know of any companies that will hire me with an open container ticket? I have 2 tickets on my MVR. Both were received at the same time in my personal vehicle, before I got my CDL. I got a speeding ticket for less than 10 MPH over. The officer was obnoxious so I got perturbed and ran my mouth. Well he gave me a bonus ticket. No alchohol was involved, I was spitting in a old beer bottle from the house. Not that it matters now. I did not realize how serious a ticket it was and just paid it. Now after going to school, getting hired at a large trucking company and going through there lengthy training and becoming a solo driver. I was let go due to insurance. Now I can't find a job. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Prepare yourself to be tarred and feathered ...

4. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Carolina Cargo and Western Express may make you driver of the year before even hiring you.

tscottme, TB John, tucker and 2 others Thank this.
  5. Milkman719

Milkman719 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    How old is your Ticket? How long did you stay with the first company? where do you live? you should PM Chinatown he has the master list of companies that might hire you. Depending on how much experience you have lots of small out fits will pick you up. I know hind site is 20/20 but you should of got a lawyer and have that ticket reduced. Don't give up you'll find a job it might not be great but time is all you need. Good luck!

6. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    I got that scene from dumb and dumber.... where the guy has to pee, fills a few beer bottles... and the cop say give that to me. Takes a drinks... flinchs and says get outta here

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  7. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    I ran into a driver who had just done 18 years in the pen. Use your imagination on what can get you 18 years. He was driving for a smaller independent company like one of the previous posters suggested.

8. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    An OC isn't a DUI so I really wouldn't worry about it, just a BS misdemeanor. If it gets brought up tell them what you just told us.

9. ajohnson

ajohnson Medium Load Member

Jan 6, 2016
    chicago area
    We had 2 guys straight out of prison, one did 2 years for insurance fraud, the other did 14 out of 25 years for a murder he committed when he was 17.

10. oldtrucker66

oldtrucker66 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2015
    If the cop did not administer a breathalyzer or field sobriety test, (In other words, he did not suspect you of driving while impaired.), you have an argument for getting your record expunged.
    Get a lawyer, or visit the district attorney's office. Tell them that ticket is preventing you from earning a living. Take a copy of your criminal record and your driving record.

Woodys and White_Knuckle_Newbie Thank this.
  11. oldtrucker66

oldtrucker66 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Also, add your location to your profile.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.