Operating without endorsements or cdl

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Paeastern, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Paeastern

Paeastern Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2015
    I have a question I hope to find some answers to. If you need to report a driver that is illegally driving a truck that's over the 26000 with air brakes what is the number for the dept of motor enforcement in the state of PA. The local city police know its being ran illegally, so no help from.them because its actually part of a city dept truck. They are allowing their employees to drive illegally. I feel that it needs to be addressed because some employees don't want to take the chance but are being told to drive it. Can anyone give me a number for northeastern PA thank u in advance

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    Good luck with that.

4. Paeastern

Paeastern Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2015
    I know right?

5. Paeastern

Paeastern Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2015
    But its my ### that's gonna get the heat if dept of motor carrier pulls me over

6. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    If it is a government owned vehicle, they probably don't have USDOT numbers either. They are exempt from a large number of regulations, because they are a government entity. Think about it, have you ever seen a salt shaker cross a scale other than to clear it off? When was the last time you saw a highway department dump truck with a tarp over his load? Have you ever seen a highway department truck get pulled over for ANYTHING? The regulations simply don't apply to them.

Mudguppy and truckon Thank this.
  7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    how about the plows with no oversized banners or flags? LOL.

or, even here in utah. they pull a trailer that rides the other lane. so you've got one truck plowing and salting 2 lanes at the same time.

i do know that the county mechanics need cdl's and med cards to drive the fire engines and dump trucks and garbage trucks. sometimes the mechanics pick up or drop off.

truckon Thanks this.
  8. Paeastern

Paeastern Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2015

9. Paeastern

Paeastern Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2015
    This vehicle is owned by a local municipality (city) would that still apply to them?

10. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Forget it, you'll never find a Leo that's going to cite a municipality on something like that.

If you want to try, your "Local" PSP (Pa State Police) Barracks can connect you to their motor carrier enforcement unit.

11. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Don't worry about it. I've been driving local and regional routes for a NEPA based company for almost 2 years now. The only time I've been pulled in for an inspection was by the local Pen Argyl PD. They were set up at a quarry along my route and were bored, so they did a quick inspection.

I wouldn't sweat it. They're not going to bother with trucks owned by municipalities. And they'll laugh at you if you call to report it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.