Operating without endorsements or cdl

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Paeastern, Aug 22, 2015.

1. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Here in Pennsylvania our local and State trucks are subject to all the same rules as other motor carriers except the medical card and they are hours of service exempt during emergencies. As for reporting a municipal government owned truck, each region of the PA State Police has a motor carrier enforcement division. For example, if you were in the greater Scranton/Wilkes-Barre region you would call Troop R headquarters at Dunmore and ask for the motor carrier enforcement supervisor. He used to be a guy named Rion Stann, not sure if he still at that barracks. Their phone number is 570-963-3156. Some local barracks also have MCE officers such as the Blooming Grove barracks, your contact there would be Cpl. Graber at 570-226-5720.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2015
    JopMO
    The Mayor of Pen Argyl sold me my car. LOL

windsmith Thanks this.
  4. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!

Sounds good in theory but we both know that the town would "lose " the ticket.

windsmith Thanks this.
  5. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    some people need more to worry about

Hick, truckerlife74 and truckon Thank this.
  6. asavage1576

asavage1576 Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Dallas,Tx
    Lol the other day I was heading back from a service call. Dump truck ahead of me had one short mudflap, one missing and no brake lights. When I passed....it was a TXDOT truck lol

Dreamboat and truckon Thank this.
  7. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
    Years ago, when I hauled trash out of a local city transfer station, we never got messed with....UNTIL the one time some gung-ho newly minted DOT cop decided to pull one of our drivers over to weigh at a roadside "enforcement blitz" setup on the one road into/out of the main landfill. Well, he was overweight, to the tune of a $700-odd dollar ticket. Back then they could actually hold you until you or your company came up with the funds to pay the fine. Period.
    Well, one of the managers had to drive all over the city (2nd largest in south FL) to the different departments until he gathered enough petty cash to pay the fine and get the truck released. Boy were some suits miffed....

Funny thing is, about 2 weeks later a DOT dump truck shows up at the trash transfer station, to make their "routine" dump of discarded/damaged tires from DOT vehicles. Imagine their surprise when the driver was instructed to pull on the scale (never occurred before- "professional courtesy") and by total coincidence they weighed in to the tune of.......$700-odd dollars, and were not allowed to dump until payment was received.....

Never got pulled over again (for at least the following 2 1/2 years until I moved.....:cool::D

Point being OP- there's a 99.999999% chance you're wasting your time.....

truckon Thanks this.
  8. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    truckon, Pennsylvania is actually pretty good at this, I know some local PennDOT drivers and managers, the MCE will even write the PennDOT trucks citations and technically they are divisions of the same organization! We are so money hungry that this is one way for the state to transfer funds from one budget to another without regulation.

Cranky, if I understand the OP correctly he is a driver for the municipality in question and is tired of being forced to drive a cdl truck without a cdl, so he does have a legitimate complaint. He may even have a union grievance if it is a union labor municipality, they are underpaying their operator if they have non-cdl drivers in cdl equipment. Maybe that is another avenue for him to look into for recourse?

Dreamboat and truckon Thank this.
  9. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    shame people dont worry about feeding their families more then legality of this or that
    or union grievance they think there are too many laws but want the laws to protect them
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

10. KenworthGuyNH

KenworthGuyNH Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Central, NH

If the OP was a little more enterprising and interested in self-improvement he would spin this being "forced" to drive situation into a "wow; the city is now gonna help me get my CDL" situation. Road test vehicle provided!! Seriously.........penny-ante BS is running rampant enough; we don't need to enable snitching but rather point out a constructive solution.

11. KenworthGuyNH

KenworthGuyNH Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Central, NH
    Get a DOT physical. Study for your CDL exam; pass it. Tell the boss you need his help with furthering your career path and get his cooperation with using the truck for your road test. Problem solved; no whining or snitching involved.

Dreamboat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.