Opinion on Load Boards Please

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Roadking1, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Roadking1

Roadking1 Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Dear Fellow O/O,
    I just established my own authority and would kindly take any advice on what loads pay the most, brokers on these boards who are reputable, and any advice on where to go on the net to find good freight. I'll haul just about anything dry van not hazmat.
    You can respond to my email as well at pdsohio1@aol.com
    Thanks
    PD

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Freddy57

Freddy57 Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Mount Vernon, MO
    If only it were that simple. it takes a lot of work to develop your broker list that works for you. Good luck!

4. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Yeah really. Generally speaking you have to be willing to do what others are unwilling to do if you want to make money with a dry van. Last minute tight scheduled freight, maybe drive 600 miles straight thru from 5pm to 5am. Multi-stop loads. Driver assisted unloading loads. Heavy loads. Drive right into the big snow/ice storms instead of working cheap down south like a lot of wusses do. Loads to dead zones.

Of course you need to be sure to charge a high enough rate to cover some deadhead out or to where that 85 cent a mile reload option is a bonus load/money maker and not something that has you whining on truckers report about poor rates because you under charged on your head haul. I could give you a list of all my best brokers and it would be worthless for you. They don't know you from the man in the moon. Besides no two drivers have the same preferences in lanes and loads anyways.

You will have to make your own way out here and find your own contacts the hard way. Now if you want to be solar powered, drive 500-600 miles from 8am to 5pm daily, or home every day, or whatever else that everyone else wants - you can do those things but you will be working cheap if you try to force the issue. Good luck. You're gonna need it.

Canned Spam and SL3406 Thank this.
  5. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    You gotta start with DAT...but man, I hope your equipment is paid off, because you are starting out in a bad time

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.